going for disability pension interview tomorrow

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by phenom, Oct 29, 2002.

1. phenom

phenom New Member

and i'm so scared! i want to run and hide! anyone who has been to these, although i know the US system is different, and would like to give me some advice, i'd really appreciate it! do i play the good patient and only speak when spoken to? or do i be pro-active and make sure i'm heard? or somewhere in between? i don't know wot to do!?!?!
  2. phenom

phenom New Member

and i'm so scared! i want to run and hide! anyone who has been to these, although i know the US system is different, and would like to give me some advice, i'd really appreciate it! do i play the good patient and only speak when spoken to? or do i be pro-active and make sure i'm heard? or somewhere in between? i don't know wot to do!?!?!
  3. CL

CL New Member

4. mircleear

mircleear New Member

Be as honest as you can but do not offer any thing they dont ask. Try to have some one with you as some times with fibro you get confused at the questions they ask and beleive me if you answer wrong they will remember. I had my daughter go with me as Im also hearing impared that way they couldnt say I said this or that when I didnt there sneaky devls Good luck and dont be scared as that is what they want to scare you so you dont continue with a claim
  5. phenom

phenom New Member

your advice (and bump) really helped - surprisingly, the examiner had heard of this DD before, so thats a good thing atleast! will let you know if i get it or not.

luv phenom