Going for my Functional Capacity Evaluation(FCE) tomorrow AM.....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by Carollie, Aug 2, 2005.

1. Carollie

Carollie New Member

My Internist is giving it to me....

Any hints/suggestions?

I'm nervous and as anxious as a cat on a hot tin roof.

Carole
  2. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I have never heard of this test, maybe others haven't either. What is it?
  3. susiny1

susiny1 New Member

Im not sure what test that is , don't be afraid to ask. i went for test ,8 hours to see how my brain was working, 2 years in a row. the out come was , i didn't try and fake the test and my eye q went down but they don't know why... so whats next , they said learn how to deal with fibro... well thanks alot , talk to people with it and read alot to keep your ming fresh. ya i can't remember the page i read before. whatever the dr wants you to do just try it, you never know you might be the one that will make a break threw for all of us. good luck and let us know ow it went . GOD BLESS . SUSI
  4. terra329

terra329 New Member

Hi Carollie,

My LTD just ordered this FCE test for the end of this month. I would like to know how yours went. I am a bit freaked as I can do just about anything once or twice but over an 8 hour day I would have to crawl out of there.

Thanks
  5. ImDigNiT

ImDigNiT New Member

Can you please share with us what this test consist of?
    My Attorney is going to have me do this and I would like to know what I am in for.

Thanks for your reply.

Marcia
  6. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

Hi Carole,

I happened to have my medical files out when I came across your post...

I had one of these exams after I was injured at work, had a cervical diskectomy with fusion and they were attempting to haul me back into the work force at any cost...
    I don't remember much other than I was DAZED afterward...Now I know why...I had FMS and CFS along with this (CERVICAL INJURY MAY HAVE BEEN THE TRIGGER)so the "test" was more than my body could handle...

I am writing from the assessment report itself, hope this helps you with what to expect...

1. Sitting tolerance ~ made to sit at a keyboard and type something from a list (I can't remember) You will be watched for any movement, pain complaints, stretching, discomfort, etc...

2. Grip tolerance ~ takes measurements of your ability by use of a dynamometer...

3. Circuit Board ~ don't remember at all and report doesn't reflect exercise...

4. Lifting ~ different heights, different weights...

5. Balance ~ Toe walk, heel walk, heel-to-toe and Braiding (whatever that means)

6. Pushing and pulling ~ different weights and tasks...

7. Cervical mobility ~ stretching ( put me into a bad place, for me the test was over from there, I couldn't concentrate and the fatigue and pain were unbearable)

8. Squatting

9. Gait

10. Carrying ~ bucket or luggage...8.6 lbs. was my max

11. Kneeling

12. Crawling

13. Stairs

14. Repetitive foot motion

15. Work surface heights

This test was done to me by an expert on sports injuries and therapies...It does also measure whether you are 'faking' or holding back in any way...My test was considered CONDITIONALLY VALID and I was given recommendations on what my regular work day should consist of...HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...Now over 10 years later, I am barely hanging in to finish this, I only did this to help someone who is going to be in the same position as I...Hope I helped you...Good luck, hope you won't feel like I did when done...It was long and oh so torturous for me...

Have a sunny day,
    Alicia
  7. ImDigNiT

ImDigNiT New Member

8. ImDigNiT

ImDigNiT New Member

Thanks so much for giving us the lowdown on this test.

I really really apprecitate your reply.

Peaceful mind and body to all!

Marcia