going home to Michigan

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gymmbabe, Jul 8, 2006.

1. gymmbabe

gymmbabe New Member

Hi there,

My family and I are going to visit my mom in Michigan (I'm in Kentucky) next week. I am looking forward to seeing them, however, this is the first time I have seen them since 'going down hill'

My whole extended family is there. I Love them all, they are all crazy, fun to be with, practical jokers. They will throw people in the pool unexepectedly, smash pie in your face or just give a great big bear hug. I'm not sure my body can take it!!

I have asked my mom to explain to them that I am ill and can not partake in their games. I'm just scared that because I don't LOOK sick, that they will assume I feel better. They are all making plans to go to Cedar Point..how has everyone else handled traveling/amusement parks???

Suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Dawn
  2. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I'll look for you, Dawn. In Michigan, NOT at Cedar Point. I couldn't do it but then you're much younger and more active than I am.

Our weather is great! I hope it continues for you. You know allllll about Michigan weather. lol

Welcome home!
    Marta
  3. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

You may need to invest in some bandages and put them around both knees, this will be a visual clue.

Love Anne Cromwell
  4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i went back there last summer w/my son...it was so humid and hot...i about died,,,,i swelled all up andmymds weren't working...was doing amminos acid stuff...

anyways drink lots of water...bring some stool softner if you have ibs problems...

i can't do the rides at cedar point...used to go there every year as a teen thru early adult hood...

i can't even do these rides out here in california...cedar point is the best...been all over the usa...

don't try and do what they are all doing...do what you feel up to....if you need a nap take one...

good luck

jodie
  5. gymmbabe

gymmbabe New Member

Thanks for your replies. This will be an adventure.

Marta: Where in Michigan are you? My husband was raised near Detroit and I was raised in Bedford (near Monroe).

Crom: I think I will bandage my head; put my arm in a sling; and use crutches...think they would leave me alone then??? LOL

69mach1: Great idea to pack stool softeners...I'm fine right now--but, EVERYTIME I travel I have problems. I am adding that to my list of things to NOT forget.

I promise to nap at least once a day.

Dawn
  6. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Hi again, Dawn!

I live between Brighton and Flint - lovely area here.

Good luck at Cedar Point. I like the bandage idea or a scooter even if you would normally not use one. Live it up! I always get in trouble trying to be normal away from home. There's something about not being able to figure out that wherever I go, there I am!

Marta