Going on a retreat

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Dulcimerkid, Sep 23, 2004.

1. Dulcimerkid

Dulcimerkid New Member

Hi All,
    I have just started posting here and I pray over posts even if I don't respond. Today I am going on a overnight retreat with ladies from my church and other churches from our denomination (I'm Lutheran) Some of you posted and prayed for me regarding my son who is into drugs and drinking and very mean and abusive. Two weeks ago we had him move out. Hardest thing we have had to do, so far. He couldn't find any friends to take him in so he is temporarily with my parents.(next door).

It has shaken him up that he can't just come over here, he must call first and we are keeping the house locked which we never did before. My house has been so quiet and peaceful here without him. I know that it was the right thing to do to help my other children son 17 y/o and daughter 14 y/o.

I am looking at the retreat as a time to do some healing one of the studies I am taking is on domestic violence. My mom is going on the retreat also, we have been doing this for the last 10 years. Pray it will help refresh my soul that has been so battered for so long by my son.

Please also pray for him for his salvation, that he hit bottom to see that he can't do it on his own that he needs Jesus. He was raised in a Christian home but he is turning his back on it, for all the world has to give.

Thank you,
    Laurie
  2. Dulcimerkid

Dulcimerkid New Member

Thanks Robin,

My son got arrested the first night we kicked him out. Only charged with contributing to the deliquency of a minor. The other kid in the car (driver) 17y/o was charged with drug possesion and trafficing. Billy cooperated with the police so he wasn't charged with trafficing. He hasn't gone to court yet and he didn't come home to my parents that first weekend and we didn't know where he was, tore us all apart. God has been good though and my relationship with my parents is strong my parents and my husband and I are all staying united with my son.

This board is such an encouragement to me. Any time tow or more are gathered in His name he hears our prayers and answers them in love knowing more than we do what is best for us.

Love,
    Laurie
  3. cinnabarsib

cinnabarsib New Member

First, welcome to a haven (it is for me! if my body gets me here to the board~I`m blessed) with people that have open loving arms for all. I understand only too well about your sons~they will surely be lifted up to God in prayer by all here.~~~~~with hope, sib