Going Strong on Coconut Oil!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jasmine, Feb 3, 2006.

1. Jasmine

Jasmine New Member

Hi all!
    It's Jasmine, the coconut oil queen again. Just wanted to update everyone on my coconut oil treatments. I've been taking 3 to 4 tablespoons of coconut oil for the last 4 months now. It's still giving me tremendous energy because I think I have a sluggish thyroid. Occasionally I forget to take my coconut oil after breakfast and I have no desire to get off the couch. I notice the lack of coconut oil within a few hours.

I am turning 45 years old next week so I started using the coconut oil as a wrinkle cream and mousturizer and for my acne scars from teenage years. It's supposed to be really good for the skin and I've already noticed some improvements in my skin quality since I started the coconut oil overnight.

Next I'm going to try it as a hot oil treatment on my hair before shampooing. So many uses for coconut oil!

Love, Jasmine
  2. jane32

jane32 New Member

do you take anything else for your thyroid? I am on T3 and wasn't sure if it would be too much. I think I will start it once I got my blood worked checked and they are done dosing me up to my optimal dose of t3.
  3. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

I was just wondering if you have noticed any weight gain since you have been taking the coconut oil?
  4. Jasmine

Jasmine New Member

My endocrinologist told me my thyroid levels were good and she refused to prescribe me the T3 I begged her for. She doesn't understand that CFS patients need thyroid hormone even with normal levels in tests. If you are on T3, I wouldn't take coconut oil because people taking the oil often need to reduce their thyroid meds and it could get complicated unless you can get tested for thyroid frequently.

My weight normally fluctuates between 167 and 170 pounds and i have not gained any weight even though the coconut oil I take is like 400 calories every day and unfortunately I have not lost any weight either.

Love, Jasmine
  5. dreamharp

dreamharp New Member

Are you taking the virgin coconut oil? Or the expeller type?

Thanks For Sharing.

Dreamharp
  6. Jasmine

Jasmine New Member

I'm using the Parachute brand of coconut oil. It is a 16 oz bottle and it says 100% coconut oil on it. I was born in India and I buy it from the indian grocery store in East Hartford for $5 a bottle. Dr. Mercola recommends Tropical Traditions and that sounds good although I have never personally tried it.

All the best, Jasmine
  7. dreamharp

dreamharp New Member

Years ago I tried the Tropical Traditions and it is very good.
    I think I will start it again. Thanks

Dreamharp
  8. Jasmine

Jasmine New Member

I hope coconut oil works as well for you as it does for me. I love the stuff!
  9. Jasmine

Jasmine New Member

I just heat the coconut oil for a couple of seconds in the microwave and slather it on my face at night before going to bed and wash it off with soap in the morning. I've only just started but my skin is starting to look better. I've got lots of acne scars and it will be a couple of months before I can tell if it truly works on acne scars or not.

Love, Jasmine
  10. BethM

BethM New Member

I like the Garden of Life brand of extra virgin coconut oil, but haven't been using it much. This is a good reminder to start again!

I've used it on my legs after shaving, and it keeps the shaving rash from coming up.

Sometimes I put a little (a TINY bit) into the conditioner for my hair, then rinse it out. Leaves my hair very soft, but I don't do this too often.

My dogs love it, too! I want to start giving it more often to my old dog who was just diagnosed with cancer cells in a tumor on his leg. It's supposed to be good for that, too.

I like that it doesn't have additives and artificial stuff in it.

Peace,
    Beth.
  11. Jasmine

Jasmine New Member

Hi Beth,
    I'm glad you've found so many uses for coconut oil. The thing I like best about it is that it is supposed to kill viruses, fungi, bacteria, and bad germs in our bodies.

Love, Jasmine
  12. Jasmine

Jasmine New Member

Just a bump up for all the benefits of coconut oil!