Going thru SS review, can I refuse their doctors???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gail, Mar 3, 2006.

1. gail

gail New Member

I was granted SS in 2002 after a hearing and my lawyer getting 25% of my back pay. I went to Chiros, regular Dr's, Accupuncturist, etc etc. I have been on a thousand different meds, had cortisone shots etc. I have TMJ, some arthritis, migraines, etc all documented in my file.

Now I am under SS review and they want me to go see two SS doctors. I have been under a Rheumatologist's care for 8 years. Can I tell them I won't go to their Quack DRs and send their list of questions to my DR????? I run out of room listing all my conditions on the form, what is wrong with these stupid people??? Should I start writing my Congressman now???
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

We are here to make sure people are really entitled to benefits. People who do not report for exams have not shown they are entitled, therefore benefits stop.

Go and be examined. If benefits are stopped, you can get an atty and appeal.

I have the same problem, in a much smaller way, w/ the jury commission. They keep subpoening me. I have sent three lengthy reports saying I am disabled for life and cannot possibly serve on a jury. The reports are just ignored.

Good luck.
  3. Jgavi

Jgavi New Member

I am going through the same thing and we all know it is part of the system to make sure the diabled are really disabled. since some people get better (even though I have never seen anyone get a 100 percent recovery).

I was advised by a legal source that when you go make sure this Dr has experience in your illness.
    Mistakes are made and some times SS sends you to a Dr that doesnt have any clue in our illness's

Ask questions, like:

Are you a Fibromyalgia/Chronic fatigued expert?
    Do you have training in pain management?

So cover yourself, take someone with you, make notes.

What two types of Drs are they sending you two?

JGavi
  4. Leaknits

Leaknits New Member

Gail, about telling SS you want to use drs who know you instead of the ones they are sending you to...
    Out here in CA, it is not acceptable to SS that we do that. I snidely feel SS thinks dr will back us up with what we tell SS.
    The last time I had to go for such a meeting, couldn't use any drs here in the county where I live, much less my pcp. No.
    SS authority sent me to a never-met-before man in a town hours from home. I got a look at his report later.
    Patient is able to ambulate down my hallway.
    HE DIDN'T HAVE A HALLWAY. AND WHO SAYS 'AMBULATE' ANY MORE?
    Patient has range of motion of X percent.
    I DON'T HAVE ANY IDEA HOW R OF M MEASUREMENTS WERE DONE, MAYBE THE BOY HAS CALIBRATED EYEBALLS? 'CAUSE HE SURE DIDN'T HAVE ANY MEASURING INSTRUMENTS IN THE OFFICE.
    Patient is able to bend over and touch her toes.
    RIGHT. IF MY TOES ARE SOMEWHERE BETWEEN MY ANKLES AND MY KNEES....

And on and on. In other words, outright fraud and lies. And to top off the sundae, here's the cherry: this man was a barely-speaks-English chiropractor, no M D certificate on his walls...
    AARRRRGGGGHHHH.
    Lea.
    P.S. It's not the chiro's fault I wasn't shoved out of the SSA program. I provided SS with info from drs who know me, after I told them chiro had lied, and I guess SS talked to pcp and believed HIM. Whew.