Going to Doctor....Please Pray

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by fivesue, Apr 4, 2006.

1. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I am going to my psychiatrist this morning. I am on Effexor XR, and I know that it is very difficult to get off and I also know from the pain I am having, that it is no longer helping with the pain I have. I fear it may have even caused it.

Be that as it may, I need help. I don't want to hurt....I don't want to take Effexor anymore. I'm thinking about Cymbalta as I have read that it is easier to withdraw from and does help with the pain of FM.

I am at a loss right now. I hurt. Sometimes I'm sorry I read so much because I know much about all the meds and the issues of my depressing, FM, etc.

However, I can't count on the doctor to know about me as much as I do.

So, please pray that I can get some help.

Thank you so much.

God Bless You Each!
    Sue
  2. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

Wishing you well. Just to let you know I have come off/on several drugs, and had no problems or symptoms. Just wanted to say something on the positive side, as we all read too much, and know too much. Then we sit and wait for it to happen. Keep us posted with an update.
  3. Line

Line New Member

I will be asking God to be with you at your DRs. visit and to give the DR. knowledge in helping you. But even before I ask I know that God will go with you, he says where ever thou goest I will go.

I have seen many miracles happen on this prayer board over the years because of the strong prayer warriors here.

Love and hugs, Linda
  4. fivesue

fivesue New Member

In talking with my doctor, he agreed that the Effexor is probably losing its effect and that as I am in such pain that Cymbalta would be a good choice to substitute. He also said that the withdrawal from Cymbalta is much easier than Effexor. So, he has given me a seven week schedule as I am taking 300 mgs. a day of Effexor. It takes a while.

He was very good to give me enough samples to complete most of the change, but he also said that the insurance companies are not wanting to pay for Cymbalta, making it hard on doctors and patients so that the doctor will change the prescription, but will finally approve it if they can't win. So, that may be in the future. But, that's the future and now I have the hope that I will feel better in a couple months if not sooner.

Thank you for praying. It was such an easy appointment; he is a good doctor and I feel very blessed to have him.

God does answer prayer. Asa, I too have gone off lots of meds and never had a problem before, but let me tell you, about 2 years ago, I was trying to change meds by doc rx and when my Effexor dose was cut in half, I was flat on my back, unable to move hardly, aching and feeling so fuzzy all I could do was lie there. Don't want that to happen again.

(--:

Sue
  5. Jordane

Jordane New Member

Glad to hear your drs appt.turned out ok.Hope this pill will fix you up.

Take Care,
    Jordane