going to lynyrd skynyrd concert tonight

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by onnaroll, Dec 15, 2005.

1. onnaroll

onnaroll New Member

my daughter got us these tickets for a christmas gift. Its been years since ive been to a concert, and with all this pain ive been having I just hope i can enjoy it.
    this flare has lasted weeks and its effecting the whole right side of my back its horribe i cant push a door or lift anything it just feels so sore. also been having strange symtoms in my hands and feet with blood vessles.
    Its like there hurting from walking and grabing my coffee cup. the one in my hand was visible i could see a bruse their weird.. just more for me to worry about..lol
    my husband does so much for me and with all this pain i have changed so much . last night he got home and all i wanted was a back rub . this is the one thing hes not very good at and he doesnt like doing it either. My daughter did give me one and what a relief. my body is screaming forhelp this way! im plaining on dlb my meds so i can have a good time tonight sure hope i can.
    happy holidays
    love to all
    ronda
    [This Message was Edited on 12/15/2005]
  2. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Sounds fun, Onnaroll!
    I hope you feel less pain, and I hope you enjoy the concert.
    Lynyrd Skynyrd is a great band. Here are their songs about CFS/Fibro
    Sweet relief, Alabama
    The Pain is Gone, With the Wind
    Free Bird
    Ooh, that swells

Just kidding, but I hope you have a great time.

Kholmes
  3. onnaroll

onnaroll New Member

LOL thanks thats sooo cute.
    i am looking forward to it. i can play their music just got done teaching daughter dust in the wind.
  4. renae1979

renae1979 New Member

I LOVE concerts! I'm actually going to one tonight too - U2!!!!
  5. CAAnnieB

CAAnnieB New Member

Go & have a great time!

A few years ago, my cousin (same age as me- my best buddy growing up!) and I went to see one of my favorites...Bruce Springsteen in concert! Well, I probably embarrassed the heck out of her because I was on my feet, yelling "Bruuuuuuce!" & "Big Man!" (sax player, Clarence Clemens), dancing, singing along & generally acting like I was 18 again! (I'm 47)

I worried in the middle of the concert (for about 5 seconds) how all my hand clapping, etc. was going to affect my Fibro bod. Well, my theory is that the concert brought me so much happiness & got those endorphins rushing...I never did flare!

Even if you do feel flared tomorrow....It's worth doing these things occasionally for our mental health! We give up so much as it is.

So go & enjoy the show! "Free Bird" was one of my favorite songs during college!

Blessings,
    Annie
  6. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I love them, I`m so glad you get to go. Go out and have the best time. You can always get extra rest the next couple of days if need be. If they ever have a concert any where close to us I am going.

Sandy
  7. renae1979

renae1979 New Member

They are in Omaha, NE tonight. Tickets sold out in under 20 minutes (way back in like April or May). I have been waiting forever to go to this show tonight!!

Bono is amazing. I think my perfect man would be a mix of about 75% Bono and 25% Billie Joe from Green Day.

I will let you know how the show is, but you already know it is going to be AMAZING!!
  8. ksp56

ksp56 Member

You go Ronda! Sounds great.... Relive the old days for all us, will ya?

There is a lyric of a Skynyrd's, that goes something like,"Big Wheels Keep On Turning, carry me back to you...." It sounds like a great theme song for you tonight!!! You are the Wheel, and no matter the obstacles, you keep right on turnin'!

Have a wonderful time Ronda!! Yell and scream for the rest of us!!

Hugs,

Kim
  9. emttoni

emttoni New Member

I had to choose between giving my kids xmas presents or giving myself those tickets. When they found out I wasnt going they were upset for me but I didnt want them to worry that mom didnt have enough money for xmas. I have wanted to see Skynard since I was in high school (grad. in '78) andd I do watch them on tv when they are on. even the reruns!!

One thing the Arena seats are pretty comfy - I was there when the circus was here a couple months ago.

HAve fun and tell us how good it was tomorrow! Im going xmas shopping tomorrow.
  10. sdown

sdown New Member

I love Lynard Skynrd. Ive been to alot of concerts in my younger years but not them. Ive seen the Rolling Stones twice in Buffalo and Syracuse, New York in 1981. I think that was the year. Close enough anyway. Ive seen the Police in Montreal, Quebec. David Bowie in Edmonton, Alberta. Ive seen the B52s you know the song Love Shack. Great tune. Now they have a Xmas version of it called "Toy Sack". It's hilarious. I saw Elvis Costello and The Pretenders in Ontario at an outdoor concert about 17 years ago. In my 20s I used to live for concerts. Im 44 now and I still love my rock and roll! Hope you had a really great time at the concert.
  11. auntyemnga

auntyemnga New Member

Onnaroll,

I hope you had a great time! I haven't been to a concert in over 23 years. Once I heard Lynard Skynard was coming to Atlanta, my son woke up on a Saturday morning and went and bought tickets for 7 of us.
    Unfortunately, Atlanta is the show that they cancelled due to health reasons. The Allman Bros. ended up being the key band with a band I hadn't even heard of playing before them. I turned in my ticket and got my money back.
    My son and his friends went and had a great time.
    I hope you were able to yell 'Free Bird' : )

Sheila
  12. onnaroll

onnaroll New Member

It was the best concert ever! I IENJOYED IT SO MUCH..=)
    I was singing every song! way better than the radio. wish i could have used our camcorder and recorded it, but i didnt know if you could. they played at the spokane arrena. We had top row seats that were right in the middle. best concert ever they rocked................................
  13. auntyemnga

auntyemnga New Member

I'm so glad you had a good time!!

Sheila
  14. brneyedgrl

brneyedgrl New Member

The closes I have come to hering them is their cousin
    Jimmy Vanzant. The original drummer played that night in his band. I didn't know this at the time I went to see them or I would have taken my old album that I have for him to sign. It was the last record they made when the plane crash happened. The record with the band members standing in the flames and they had the flames removed.

Brneyedgrl
  15. onnaroll

onnaroll New Member

I well check um out. I didnt no that! I was raised on country music my dad sings just like johny paycheck and johny cash even better lol.I THINK he had alot of fans in the bars where he played years ago.my dads best friend is really good too. he sounds like waylon jinnings their so good every time they played the bars were packed.
  16. onnaroll

onnaroll New Member

hi so it was johnies younger brother that sings in the lynyrd skynyrd band then right? he sounds just like him.
    just checked out your profile, thats a sweet picture of you and your baby boy.
    I love babies just wish they could stay that way.
    lol I was wondering what his full name is? my husbands name is john david. I have four girls amber marrie jammie ranae jessica suzzane and tara elizabeth she still at home shes 15 and know everything just ask her..lol

[This Message was Edited on 12/17/2005]
  17. onnaroll

onnaroll New Member

right on thanks
  18. hagardreams

hagardreams New Member

That sounds good right now. I hope they come to my part of the country. I would love to mellow out to "Free Bird live".
    Concerts are my way of drowning out my thinking. The pain is still there, but I can keep focused on the music and forget all my problems.
    I am looking forward to Sammy Hagar coming to this part of the country. I am a big Red Head. Sammy even autographed my car about 2 1/2 years ago. Its still on the hood.
    Enjoy the concert for me, and have a wonderful time. God bless, Julie