Going to new doc today - wish me luck

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jkd7058, Aug 28, 2003.

1. jkd7058

jkd7058 New Member

I'm so excited. The wonderful doctor who first diagnosed me went out of practice just 4 months after I started with her. It's been five months now that I've been without a rheumy - also been without medications except Neurontin for about 3 months. I was scared to find another doctor. I'd heard such horror stories.

Then I went to my pediotrist, he was asking me about the FM. We had a good discussions about alternative care, etc. Then I happened to ask him if he knew a rheumy who would treat FM and not be turned off by alternative care too. AND he said "Yes, actually I do know someone." So today is the day.

Please send positive vibes - I hope I'm not getting my hopes up that he'll be as caring as my last doctor.
  2. atrinigyal29

atrinigyal29 New Member

Here are the positive vibes!! Good luck! :)
    Alicia
  3. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

Good luck, I pray all of us find good docs that will treat us well.
  4. jkd7058

jkd7058 New Member

I think it will take a couple of more visits until we feel comfortable with each other. He renewed my Rx for Celexa (which I'd been off of for about 3 months and was really feeling the effects) and added Tizanidine for pain in my neck and shoulders. I'd really wanted some type of pain meds but he wanted me to try the Tizanidine which is a muscle relaxant that's used mostly in MS suffers (that's was the flyer said).

I took the meds last night and my neck actually felt worse and woke me up about 5:00 a.m. really stiff and sore. Usually the mornings are the best times. But I took a half a tablet before work and it now seems to be working.