Going to see SSD Doctor

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sanddollar140, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Sanddollar140

Sanddollar140 New Member

Hi all, I am new to posting but have been here several months reading the message board. I have applied for disablity and filled out all the paperwork. I am scheduled to see a disability doctor on 7/25. I have Fibro, Depression, Chronic Fatigue, Carpal Tunnel, and possible RA (still running tests due to elevated RA factor). I am in constant pain and always so tired, although I am taking Oxycodone for pain, Wellbutrin for depression, Ambien for sleep, and Adderall for energy. (I know, sounds like I should feel better with all that stuff). I don't, I am still miserable. I just wonder if any of you had any advice for me when I go see the doctor. I am very nervous about it, although I know I deserve to be on disability. Any help would be great!! God bless you all!

HURTIN New Member

Hi Sanddollar

Hugz! You have a lot going on. I'm confident that if you repeat exactly what you've written here to the SSD, you're going to come out on top. Feel better & Good luck!
  3. Sanddollar140

Sanddollar140 New Member

I appreciate you taking the time. I was just reading some other posts about people that don't understand FM. It has taken over my life, it is awful. The worst part for me is that I cannot do the things I once did with my kids. I just hope I can get SSD to understand what a debilitating illness this is. Have a great day!
  4. deb_46

deb_46 New Member

If so, be prepared for him or her to say you are able to work. If they don't side with SSD they will quit sending people to them and it's easy money for them.

Went I went I had a herniated disc in my back as well that was horribly painful. He without telling me reached down yanked my leg up to do the positive straight leg test and I screamed and fell back on the table in tears it was so painful. He had to literally pull me back upright as I was in so much pain I could not. He told SS that I could work. I have CFS as well and he really never got into that issue.

Just be truthful and don't get discouraged if he reports that you are not disabled as it is just one of the stumbling blocks that you will have to overcome on your SSD journey. Good luck.

5. Sanddollar140

Sanddollar140 New Member

I guess all I can do is pray, which I have been doing. No one knows how miserable I feel except myself and God. I hope this doctor is understanding (what are my chances of that?) Thanks for your replies.