Going to strangle doc with his own stethoscope

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MandaJ, Mar 30, 2009.

1. MandaJ

MandaJ New Member

I fell and broke my collar bone in December and have been in pain since then. I had X-rays done at Urgent Care the week before Christmas and saw my family doctor on New Years Eve morning for a follow-up. She said to take it easy, no heavy lifting, etc. I listened to her (mostly) and felt some pain until last week when the pain came back and I could feel an odd popping in my shoulder and a grinding feeling in my collar bone. Went back to my family doctor on Friday to have more X-rays taken. She said it wasn't healing properly and sent me to an orthopaedic doctor.

Today this cocky jerk othopaedic doctor told me that my doctor doesn't know how to read an X-ray and that my collar bone was never broken. He also told me that my pain was in my head and that I needed to get back to a life in reality.

Excuse me? I have never felt the urge to strangle a doctor before. I guess I've been lucky. I'm waiting for my regular doctor to call me back. I'm just beside myself with this. I have no idea where to go from here. I'm hoping this stress doesn't send me into a flare. That's the last thing I need right now.
  2. kbak

kbak Member

There is nothing more frustrating than dealing with the medical gods. Actually you might want to see a good chiroprator after you've healed for a while, or even a good PT person. I think you'd find more help with that problem from them.

Nothing is ever easy!!!!!

So sorry,

3. clerty1

clerty1 New Member

and they can be up there own backsides terrible bedside manners yet brilliant at healing !! also it is very unprofessional to bad mouth another doctor ! one good thing at least you have not broken anything.

4. bobbycat

bobbycat New Member

If that doctor would have said that to me. I would have got in his face and told him that it is evident that he does not have the knowlege nor the experience to deal with someone with my medical problems. I would then say that it is very unproffesional to insult the Doctor that recommended me to you and that the only error in judgement she made was to send me to someone that is incompetant. I then would let my Doctor know in verbatum (sp) what he said to you and I would request another Doctor. I guess I have seen to many doctors but, I have gone back to my primary Doctor and ratted out other Doctors and therapist and he has been very accomidating and has made sure that if I am sent to that department again I get another Doctor or he sends me out of the clinic all together. Just because they have Dr. in front of their name does not mean that they have a right to say that to you and it does not mean that they are adequate at their job. It floors me how some people still think Dr.s are god as we know that is the farthest from the truth. I wonder if your Dr will refer anyone to him again after he stated that she does not know how to read a X-ray and for that matter most of the X-rays are read by other dr's that are experts at reading X-Rays and then results are then given to your dr. don't know if that was the case here. Good luck Bobby. P.S. maybe I am just to sick and sick and tired of these ibad doctors to even care what they may think of me.
  5. dollinitup

dollinitup New Member

why they call themselves having a "practice" ? If they were such Gods they wouldn't have to call what they do as practicing medicine, would they?
    I too have run into some JERKS.

I went to one Rhuemy years ago that for FM that told me I didn't need him I just needed to get right with God. I was in the room with him for 45 mins and he never touched me, he just preached. I cannot believe I sat there and took it. Needless to say I didn't go back and found someone else that I have been going to for about 25 yrs.

I hope you can get some help from somebody soon. Not address this problem in a timely manner could just make it worse.Just my opinion.

6. restauranthell

restauranthell New Member

he is an endocrinologist at Mass General.
    Right away you can tell a doctor that does there job to satisfy there intellectual curiosity. They have no compassion empathy or humanity.
  7. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

I was alone with the Nurse Practitioner they assigned me in the hospital - why didn't I choke her when I had the chance? I didn't even think of that - I just told her to leave. I'll write that on my list for next time it happens.