Going to the beach

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Greenbean7, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

I am so excited I can hardly be here at work today! I was gonna leave at three, then came in at 7:30 so I could leave at 2:30 and now the office manager said I should just leave at noon!

My brother, the one who has cancer, and his wife rented a house at Cannon Beach. My sister and her life partner and their three labs, my brother and his wife and their one boxer/lab cross, me and my golden, and my daughter and son-in-law and my grandpuppy who is a doxie/lab cross (don't ask, I don't know how that happened!).

My bro and sis-in-law are leaving LaPine, OR, this morning and my sis and sis-in-law are leaving from Yakima, WA, this morning. My DD had to work until 5 so I decided to work today, too. I will pick her and fav son-in-law up at 5 and we are on the road. Takes about 5 hours. I'll be exhausted so DD gets to drive.

After working most of the day and loading up my car (DH usually does that for me but he is driving corn truck for a neighbor), then driving the 45 miles to Yakima and the 5 hours to Cannon Beach I will probably be in bad shape tomorrow. Won't matter though! If they can get me down the stairs to the beach I won't come back to the house all day!!

DD and I went to the beach when she was 4. Really enjoyed it. She is now 30 and neither one of us have been back!

So, if you can't tell, I'm so EXCITED!!!

2. sisland

sisland New Member

Lolol,,,I love your new name!,,,,This trip sounds wonderful for you and DD,,and the rest of your family!,,,Having all the PuP's togeather at once at the Beach will Be Big Fun!,,,,,,,,,,

last time i was at the beach was in 1995,,,,,,,,,,,The Girls and I loaded up and drove Down Hwy 101,,,,down to Newport and then cut across to Portland Or. to visit my Auntie,,,,,,,,It was fun but a Looong Drive,,,,,,,i'm Glad your DD is Driving the 5 hour streatch for you!

Have Fun and let us know when you get home!,,,,,HUgs!,,,,,,Sis
  3. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

I am so happy for you to be able to get away with family. That is the best vacation ever.

Have a great time and enjoy yourself.