Going to the Rheumatologist for the first time?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by panny12, Mar 25, 2014.

1. panny12

panny12 Member

I am going to A Rheumatologist referred by my GP to see if what is going on with me is really Fibro, because I am getting worse and my pain he say`s is more then others he has treated for Fibro. Been tested for Lupus and Hypothyroid. So my DR thinks Fibro, but wants to be sure. What can I expect from the Rheumy when I go? Also what more do they do when it comes to Fibro? I am already on all kinds of meds. Thanks all, I am a little nervous and need the advice. .
  2. fmfriend

fmfriend Member

One of the most successful Dr's I ever went to was a rheumatologist. He specialized in Fibro and CF and retired to write a book on the subject. He was great. I hope you have good luck with yours. I think i am going to try one again. I've been going to pain clinics with no luck getting even a bit of help. They just want to send me to a psychiatrist. Ugh!!
  3. panny12

panny12 Member

Thank you all for your answers, you support is appreciated. I have not gone yet as they are backed up on schedules, but am hoping for an appt soon.