Going to try something new

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Beadlady, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

Instead of making a list of what I have to do--going to make a list of everything I DO GET done for a week or so.

So for Sunday Dec.27th--unloaded dishwasher, put dishes away, reloaded dishwasher, cleaned out the sink, took the dog for a walk, and did some vacuuming, went out & paid a couple of bills and later went to grocery store.

Dinner was fend for yourself.
  2. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

Hi hon! Good idea!

I baked cookies, rested, exercised a little, and rested more. I've been sleeping a lot the last few days. Guess I needed it.

Fight :)
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Looks like you did a lot to me. Most days I only do two things. I wash the
    dishes and water the plants. (Since I have to run a couple gallons of water
    while waiting for it to get hot, I use the cold water on the plants.)

Los Angeles has water restrictions now. I read even Beverly Hills has
    water restrictions. Also read they are not enforced. Well, you can't
    expect the rich to use restraint, you know.

Generally don't go out except on weekends when Gordon drives. Saturday
    I went to my Emotions Anonymous meeting and to the library. Then came
    home and took a long nap.

4. sisland

sisland New Member

let's see~~since it's so cold out i've been sticking close to home too,,every winter it gets harder to be in this wheather!,,,lolol,,To poor to move south!
    yesterday ~~~woke up,,,drank coffee,,,toast,,,meds,,,walk dog,,,Brrr!,,,,,,exercise,,,,P.C. time,,,,ran an errand,,,,Nap,,,,dishes,,walk dog,,,nap,,,,etc,,
  5. jole

jole Member

I washed a load of clothes, put same in dryer, then folded and put away...phew!!! Put some food out for the kitties. Pretty much it...........no energy and lots of pain today......BUT

Also lots of sunshine and very little wind, so I should have felt better. Sis, I'm soooo with you! Would love to go South if the money was just here! I really despise winter!
  6. sisland

sisland New Member

wasn't a whole lot different,,,,The temp has been in the single digits here for about a week now,,That just means the pain levels are up alot!,,,,,,,I did get a load of clothes washed today and the dishes done and made some meatloaf burgers,,,,

Take the dog out about every 3 hours in full armor,,lolol,,,heavy coat,big gloves and winter shoes with the ice traks on them,,,Yes Jole winter is for the birds and i always forget how much the pain level rises until it's here,,,,,oh well tommorow is a new day,,supposed to warm up though!,,can't wait!
  7. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

We Wisconsinites had a heat wave of 30 degrees F a few days ago. Now it is back in the single digits at night, and not more than 26 degrees F during the warmest time of the day.

Where'd the sun go? I saw it peak out for a few minutes, lol.

8. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

You're in Kansas! That's a heat wave compared to Wisconsin, LOL!!!!

I thought you were in the south. Then again, anything south of Wisconsin is South, lol.

I'm moving to TN where it is warmer.

Hope you're severe pain lets up. You deserve a rest from the pain.

9. victoria

victoria New Member

It always makes me feel good when I can say what I HAVE done rather than what I DIDN'T!

I/we survived 24 hours of no power even tho every dish was dirty... and no phone since no power (we have only skype now thru the computer) - altho of course today I had to make a Very Important Phone Call. Why does that always work that way?

Anyway, I got it done in town, so at least the MOST important thing I needed to do today was accomplished.

The other things I did today:
    -dry the dishes as DH washed
    -fed the dogs
    -petted the dogs
    -drew a schematic of our free standing fireplace; I want to paint calla lillies as the major motif.
    -I killed 2 flies
    -I watered a few plants
    -dug out of storage some winter clothes for the colder days.
    -Also took a nap as I was having another bad headache day after a brief respite of a few days (no painting involved), tho I don't think that counts as an accomplishment.

Fight, do you find highs and lows impact your pain levels?

At 9 AM today it was warmer outside than inside for a while... that sun can really make a difference! The highs were in the low 70s today :))

10. jole

jole Member

I HAVE to make a list...don't even remember to go to the doc without it...lol...

Yep, I'm south of some of you...but the global warming aint hittin' here...still 27 degrees, and dropping. Ice hanging on the trees, and fog in the air. How long 'til spring????

Washed two loads of laundry...still unfolded, thankfully towels!

Took meds...

Watched tv

Took more meds...

And yes, a nap IS an accomplishment (isn't it??)
  11. victoria

victoria New Member

I think if WE say taking a nap IS an accomplishment, it is--
    my reason is that often I have insomnia at night.
    Why are our bodies so perverse anyway?

I watched a complete episode of Miss Marple on TV this afternoon LOL.

I took a shower.

I'm drying one load of laundry as I type...

& I roasted a turkey leg a while ago, but forgot about it.
    (I'lll find out tomorrow if it's edible LOL - only then will I decide if it's an 'accomplishment'.)

Tried to hunt down what happened to the CF/FM/ME community in Aiken SC for a post on the other board.

Looked at paintings of calla lillies to get inspired to draw up a motif for my fireplace, since the 2 small plants I have aren't blooming. Fun but somewhat repetitious the way they're depicted, not at all what I had in mind.

I'm feeling really pitiful about today, sigh, another bad headache (and no painting involved)

Jole - when global warming hits, you can spend some time counting the drips from the icicles maybe? LOL....

buenos noches, gotta get the laundry out and then maybe.... not sure.

12. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

Highs and lows, nope! No bipolar here. I'm in severe pain whether happy or sad, in between, no matter what, I've got lots of pain all of the time.

I like how you wrote you killed two flies, lol. I let them outside unless my cats want to eat them, lol.

I did the laundry, and I'm exhausted.

[This Message was Edited on 12/30/2009]
  13. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

Monday I was soo tired, went to work 2 hours late and felt like a zombie all day.
    2 loads of laundry
    brushed & vacuumed the dog
    vacuumed part of the bedroom
    did my month end report for work

worked both jobs
    dropped off couple of dr bills

stayed home from work--had the stomach ickies :(
    naps & watched TV
    read the paper
    brushed & vacuumed the dog
  14. victoria

victoria New Member

Today was an even slower day, impaired by another dire headache. Now totally back on protocol, figure if I have to herx and feel miserable at least it will be for a reason. Plus it should stop the headaches.

That said... what I did today:

*washed a few dishes.

*watched an episode of Desperate Housewives. (I'm totally out of sequence on it, but still fun)

*Drank 2 glasses of aloe vera gel for my stomach.... btw, this counts as an accomplishment as I don't really like the taste.

*Had a glass of wine for my headache + an antihistamine.

*Drank more aloe vera gel for my stomach.

*Played a LOT of games of solitaire on computer, had a winning streak of 20+/- games.
    ----Seems to be very meditative/relaxing for me, headache was much better.

*Talked to my son (Skype is so great since it's SO cheap!)

*Fed & petted the dogs as usual.

*Got the 2nd load of laundry done.

*Watered the potted plants outside.

*thought about some 'business things', re: what I absolutely need to do & by when; decided one thing has to be done tomorrow and the rest next week (LOL)

Gee I LIKE listing all of that, makes me feel like today wasn't a total waste, even tho 90% of it was spent not doing much that was 'productive'.

fight, I do have a dog who loves to chase flies... if they get that low. When they're in the kitchen tho, I smack 'em. Used to have a lab that would check out our patio window every morning for any flies around there since it was on the east side of the house where the sun hit first... she was very diligent LOL!

15. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

I vacuumed the steps and am about to go do the dishes.

Yeah for me! :)

Then I laid around on the couch all day... well, I slept half the day.

Victoria, lol, my cats even hear a fly in the room, they won't even pay attention to kitty treats!!! The fly itself is a tasty treat, I suppose, lol!

I can just vision your dog waiting to chomp on a fly, lol. Cute!

Time to go do the darn dishes.

16. jole

jole Member

I did a load of laundry and folded the ones from yesterday

Did dishes

Took down some Christmas decorations

Remade the guest bed with clean linens

Watched the news for an hour

Ha! Our dog is not an indoor dog...but this morning for some reason she decided she was. I stuck my head out to feed the kitties, and she (an Aussie) darted between my legs into the utility room. I was so shocked I turned around to see what she was doing, and she reached up with her paw and slammed the door shut!! Was the funniest thing! Now I bet she's going to try coming in and shutting the door behind her every morning............
  17. sues1

sues1 New Member

Actually you did a lot.......I loved your dinner menu......on those times when I am asked "WHATS FOR DINNER"? I say, CHEF's CHOICE AND YOU ARE THE CHEF".....LOL

18. sisland

sisland New Member

This is a fun Thread!!,,I love the killing of the flies thing too Victoria!,,lol

Well let's see,,,I know i'm missin' some days, but this is what i did yesterday,,,

Woke up
    drank coffee,,Took lucky dog out to relieve himself,,
    ate toast,,took meds,,,did stretches on the yoga mat
    Took shower,,got dressed,,(an act of congress!)
    went out to pay a bill and to the grocery store
    came home ,,took Lucky out for another relief session
    put fridge stuff away,,,,ate a cup of cereal,,with milk,,,meds
    took a nap,,
    put other stuff away,,
    ate an avacado and a tomatoe ,,and a hamburger pattie,,dinner,,,
    Anyway ,,,,,walk dog,,,,nap,,Tv,,,dishes,,,Tv ,,,dog,,meds,,,,Oh yeah and i ate some chocolate in there somewhere!,,,To celebrate the new year of course,,,,I always fall asleep at 12:05 on new years,,,,,

[This Message was Edited on 01/01/2010]
  19. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

Went to bed late from last night--was having so much fun playing computer games, I did wake up early around 7am very thirsty, got some water, took my thryoid pill, then the dog wanted out. so I read my e-mails until he came in. Then husb got up, chatted with him for a bit and I went back to bed to lay on the heating pad & watch Tv--ended up taking a little nap.

Woke up around noon to the smell of cooking sausages--got up made scrambled eggs for me & the dog along with a fresh orange. Took my morning meds, played around on the computer for a couple of hours checking out Face Book.

I made a nice dinner Made something I've never have before---baked garlic shrimp, with angel hair pasta and spinage salad with marinated artichoke hearts.

Then we went out to friend's tonight to exchange Christmas gifts, That was fun.
  20. victoria

victoria New Member

that dinner sounds good, beadlady. Speaking of beads, do you bead? and what do you bead?

My dinner was left over 'carrot stew'... mostly carrots with a bit of ground beef and onion LOL - oh and tomato puree. Carrot stew - wow just typing that brought back memories of a "golden book" about rabbits who persuaded a lion (I think) to eat carrot stew instead of them...

Today, I
    -took a nap

-finished listening to a short bio of Mary Wollstonecraft, known mostly for writing 'The Vindication of the Rights of Women" and was mother of the author of Frankenstein... she was really a woman ahead of her times!

-I also did the dishes. DH goes to do 'whatever' for feeling a sense of accomplishment LOL (today was tearing tape off the taped sills of the casita and trying to talk me into letting him paint some of the wood trim), but doesn't seem to notice the kitchen. Oh well, I left him the pots/pans for him, hehehe.

-And as usual, fed the dogs, let them in and out continuously, and petted them.
    (back to the dang flies, LOL, during the rainy season when there are lots, my fly-loving dog will clean the floor of almost all the flies I swat inside.... but only if they're gory. LOL, sorry if that's TMI!)

OK you made me hungry, BL.... and I was ready to go to bed. Now I have to go see what might be in the fridge.... probably nothing ready to eat, tho, we have to go to the store tomorrow. Make that, my DH has to go to the store tomorrow.... ;)