Golden Girls

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tut90, Apr 20, 2009.

1. tut90

tut90 Member

I'm watching the Golden Girls on We TV, the 1989 episode is about Dorothy being so sick, feeling tired, her glands are swollen, a new doctor diagnoses her with CFS. She goes to dinner with the family to celebrate, because she finally has a name to her sickness, then she sees her neurologist the one that had told her she was just getting old and needed mental help, so she tells him off.

2. isiselixir

isiselixir New Member

In the end don't they discuss CFS? I was so surpised it was actually on TV.
  3. tut90

tut90 Member

a good explanation about CFS, she wonders why she had to go to so many doctors, that some of them told her she was just crazy, he tells her that some doctors are not well informed about CFS and some don't believe it even exists. I was really suprise to see a show from 1989 about CFS.

4. isiselixir

isiselixir New Member

I know I totally agree, I was shocked when I saw it, but pleasantly surprised.
  5. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

This two-part episode came about because the co-creator of Golden Girls, Susan Harris, suffered from CFS and she wrote the episodes to give viewers an idea what the illness was all about.

I really appreciated the way they showed the reality of what it's like for us.