Goldie has been put away for a while

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TwoCatDoctors, Feb 26, 2012.

1. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

I had gotten a Hello Kitty bathroom rug that is just the cat face and it doesn't have the rubber backing, but it doesn't move around. Except when Shelby the cat runs at 100 miles per hour with her catnip goldfish "Goldie" in her mouth, jumps onto the Hello Kitty Rug, sits on it and "rides it" across the bathroom floor bumping it into the shower.

She further developed a rug surfing style on the Hello Kitty rug and dropped "Goldie" on the rug to "meow, meow, meow" while surfing the rug across the bathroom floor. Her brother never did any of this.

Shelby's brother and I will be asleep at 3:00 in the morning and wake up to Shelby and Goldie running around my place with the joyous "meow, meow, meow." Her brother puts his head up in bed next to me and looks at me and I tell him "hey, she's your sister, you go tell her shut up" but we both put our heads down to try to get sleep.

Finally, I had to put Goldie away at night so her brother and I could get our sleep. Cat rug surfing has totally stopped at all times of day and I have ruined the cat fun. Apparently all the shennigans weren't the fault of Shelby the cat at all, but the total fault of Goldie the catnip goldfish. Maybe Goldie has a bit of Clown Fish in her.

2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

There's no telling what a cat will do once she is hooked on the weed.

My little part-time cat, Tweety, likes to attack and lick her catnip mousie and then go out on adventures in the yard. My neighbors and I watch from our chairs on the upstairs balcony while we are having our morning coffee. This morning, she went up a palm tree after a bird. She's still too young to realize she'll never catch birds. On the way down, she stepped on some of the soft material just under the fronds and fell. She's OK but was a bit shook up. She came inside and has been asleep all day.

I'm glad Shelby has her surfing to keep her busy when she's high but I can see where it might interfere with your sleep. Glad you're back with your wonderful kitty stories.

Love, Mikie
  3. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Twocats- That is the cutest and funniest thing I have heard of for a cat. Howevcer, I can see where it would and could gt very anoying if it keeps waking both you and Shelby's brother up. Have you taken pictures of Shelby, Goldy the catnip goldfish and the kitty rug (with no backing)? That would be a funny thing to keep. Anystime you or may be feeling blue tkae that out and look at it. Surely that will bring laughs.

BTW, wouldn't that be something if you got a similar rug with a backing ? Wouldn't that be a surprise to Shelby when the rug doesn't travel :)!!

Thanks for sharing ! Mikie - Thanks for your story too,

4. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

Cesar the cat is up here with me at the computer. He is the boy who stays with his Mama, behaves, and never engages in these "bathroom surfing games."

Since hiding "Goldie" the catnip goldfish during the night time, Cesar and I are discovering the bathroom "Hello Kitty" face rug dumped unceremoniously outside the bathroom in a heap. It may be a message that if the rug can't be used for surfing, then it's useless and doesn't belong in the bathroom and gets thrown out.

I have asked Shelby's catnip sardine to do peer counseling with "Goldie" the catnip goldfish. If not, then Cesar suggests removing the Hello Kitty rug and putting down a regular rug with rubber backing.
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

You all can do an intervention :) Oh, wait, I forgot. Cats do as they please regardless of what others think. I will always have a picture in my mind of Shelby rug surfing with a big grin on her face.

Thanks again for another great cat story.

Love, Mikie
  6. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Your charming report was just purrfect. Probably be therapeutic for
    someone who was catatonic.

I hope this light hearted story of urban fauna is indicative of a
    substantial improvement in your general condition and well being.

Now I must paws and say tata as my housekeeping duties await.

7. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

Goldie the catnip goldfish was given back to Shelby the cat and it was immediate antics. Goldie was flying through the air (yes, I guess fish do fly) and Shelby was hiding behind the one wall, then running out and jumping on Goldie in pure delight. Goldie was everywhere (even though Goldie has no legs and feet and we don't have any Barbie or GI Joe cars in here for Goldie to borrow).

UNTIL, it was 2:00 in the morning and Shelby starting running around and meowing with Goldie AGAIN. I got out of bed (Shelby's brother Cesar said he wasn't getting out of bed because I was the one that gave Goldie back to Shelby) and I put Goldie up and away.

Shelby gave me that "stink face" look like "girl cats just want to have fun" and as a human I'm just being dull and boring by wanting to sleep at 2:00 in the morning instead of playing.

Goldie goes back into peer counseling, except this time it will be with the catnip mice. Maybe they will have more of an impact.