gonna be caregiver needs help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rebeccadavis, Oct 23, 2002.

1. rebeccadavis

rebeccadavis New Member

Hello,

My name is Rebecca Davis. I am a mother of two. I currently live in Florida.
    My Father retired from the Orange, Texas fire department after 40 years. Since retiring in Janurary of 2002, my father has undergone heart sergury in March and in mid Augustwas again admitted into hospital with Psudamona Pnemonia. They tried to preform surgery to remove part of the lung with the bacterial infection. Last week when I called his case worker I was told he needed long term I V antibiotic therapy. The doctors say they cannot cure however may be able to control the infection. After two months in the hospital, all he wants is to go home. His home, not relocate to Florida and live with daughter, not in sons home, but to return to his own home.
    I am willing to relocate and be the custodial caregiver.
    Am looking for programs, grants, any financial aid that
    would keep me from loosing my home and property in Florida while I am away giving him the support he needs to live out his remaining time in his own home.
    Any names, or phone #"s, or e-mail addresses that may be able to help me would be greatly appreciated.

sincerely,

Rebecca Davis
    304 Mark Ave.
    Tallahassee Florida

rebedavis64@yahoo.com

2. rebeccadavis

rebeccadavis New Member

Hello,

My name is Rebecca Davis. I am a mother of two. I currently live in Florida.
    My Father retired from the Orange, Texas fire department after 40 years. Since retiring in Janurary of 2002, my father has undergone heart sergury in March and in mid Augustwas again admitted into hospital with Psudamona Pnemonia. They tried to preform surgery to remove part of the lung with the bacterial infection. Last week when I called his case worker I was told he needed long term I V antibiotic therapy. The doctors say they cannot cure however may be able to control the infection. After two months in the hospital, all he wants is to go home. His home, not relocate to Florida and live with daughter, not in sons home, but to return to his own home.
    I am willing to relocate and be the custodial caregiver.
    Am looking for programs, grants, any financial aid that
    would keep me from loosing my home and property in Florida while I am away giving him the support he needs to live out his remaining time in his own home.
    Any names, or phone #"s, or e-mail addresses that may be able to help me would be greatly appreciated.

sincerely,

Rebecca Davis
    304 Mark Ave.
    Tallahassee Florida

rebedavis64@yahoo.com

3. CL

CL New Member

So sorry to hear of your problems. You need to repost on the caregivers board. This is the CFS/FMS board. At the top of this page click on message boards and then pick the caregivers board. Good Luck