Gonna try Mobic

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tandy, Jun 1, 2006.

1. tandy

tandy New Member

Thats the recent med my Rhuemy wants me to try.

I've tried many over the yrs,.... and nothing has helped at all.
    although recent suspicions my doc. thinks I have some early Osteoarthritis.
    My Mom has both Fibro and Osteo and she goes thru hell with alot of pain. (but she's 72)
    Just wondered if anyone had any luck with Mobic?

Keeping my fingers crossed~
    I need a break from some of my ailments/pain.

Thanks
    Tandy
  2. ladybird1

ladybird1 New Member

I have had Mobic a couple of times. First had it when I did something super stupid, rammed my shoulder into a door...I thought it was open.
    Second and/third time for osteoarthritis symptoms. I can take it for a while, but it causes me to bloat some.
    I've heard mixed things about. Saw somewhere where it's just
    Vioxx in sheep's clothing.
    All I can say if it works for you...enjoy it while you can.
    Good luck!
  3. lady33

lady33 New Member

I have just been bumped up to mobic twice a day and find that I am getting better relief now. It's said that it can be tough on the digestive system, so I take a zegerid along with it as recommended by my rheumi. Good luck to you.
    Cyn
  4. tandy

tandy New Member

for sharing your experiences with Mobic.

It can't hurt to try it I guess.

I'll keep a watch out for swelling/edema.
    (cause thats something I already get sometimes)
    and don't like it!! makes me more stiff,more sore.
    Have a good night~
    Hugs
    Tandy
  5. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

but so far nothing really has. I think I've tried them all. Am planning to get some malic acid and try it next.

Linda
  6. atiledsner

atiledsner New Member

I had neck and back surgery. When I went back to my surgeon they always asked what all I was taking.I was also taking Ibuprophen up to 800mg's a day.My doctor told me not to take these togather because they were the same thing.
  7. mischuv

mischuv New Member

I tried Mobic last year and I have ulcerative colitis and also have irritable bowel and I found that within an hour of taking Mobic I had major stomach cramps, diarreah etc but in saying that I have tried at least one out of each group of anti inflamatory drugs and have stomach flares :( I hope that it works for you though and if not hope that you find something that helps soon...