Good and bad news

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Imnoangle, Dec 5, 2002.

1. Imnoangle

Imnoangle New Member

Well I just got home from the OB/GYN. She diagnosed me Fibro. Finally got the right diagnosis. The lump I have on my head is a cyst. The Hernia surgery has to wait until Christmas is over. They are going to staple my stomach at the same time. They said if I don't loose weight the hernia will just come back. I have to go for a colonoscopy on Dec. 17th. To see if there is a reason why I go to the bathroom 8-10 times a day. I have pain clinic on Monday to see if I can get some relief. Thanks to all of you who have taken the time to listen to me complain. I hope this finds everyone well.
    Thanks
    Dawn
  2. Imnoangle

Imnoangle New Member

Well I just got home from the OB/GYN. She diagnosed me Fibro. Finally got the right diagnosis. The lump I have on my head is a cyst. The Hernia surgery has to wait until Christmas is over. They are going to staple my stomach at the same time. They said if I don't loose weight the hernia will just come back. I have to go for a colonoscopy on Dec. 17th. To see if there is a reason why I go to the bathroom 8-10 times a day. I have pain clinic on Monday to see if I can get some relief. Thanks to all of you who have taken the time to listen to me complain. I hope this finds everyone well.
    Thanks
    Dawn
  3. karen55

karen55 New Member

Sounds like a lot going on in your life. I've had a colonoscopy before, the worst thing is the preparation the day before. Hopefully Monday will be a good, productive day for you as far as pain relief.
  4. pam_d

pam_d New Member

...about the colonoscopy; the prep the night before is the worst, the procedure itself is over before you know it. Sounds like you have a lot going on right now, I'm sorry, this is really a lot to face especially around the holidays. Hopefully the pain clinic will help, and good luck with everything else--let us know how it all goes, we'll be hoping for the best!

Hugs,
    Pam
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Since most of us are hypoglycemic, be sure to schedule the colonoscopy for very early in the day. I made the mistake of scheduling mine for 2:30 p.m. to leave the open slots for the old folks down here who get very sick if they go too long without food. Well, hell, I didn't figure out until too late that I'm no spring chicken myself and totally spaced how sick it would make me to fast all day. By the time I got into the surgical suite, it was 4:30 and my head felt like it was going to explode in pain. I was very glad to go to sleep for the procedure. Unfortunately, I was so nauseated afterward that I was dry retching in the parking lot. I was afraid it would start a hemorage where they had removed the precancerous lesions.

My 92 year old Mother sailed through hers and demanded that we go out to eat breakfast after her early-morning colonoscopy. She didn't have anything removed, but even so, she was a real trooper.

Good luck with everything you have going on, especially with the stomach surgery. Please keep us updated on how you are doing.

Love, Mikie
  6. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Just stopped to wish you well on all that you have going.

Glad you got some good advice from the others.

Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Shalom, Shirl