Good and bad?

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by Misfit101, May 30, 2010.

1. Misfit101

Misfit101 New Member

I started taking abx (doxycycline) on friday. I know its not enough thanks to the caring ppl here who take the time and energy to post up tons of valuable info. I still spent yesterday afternoon on the couch with a fever. But last night...i spent TWO HOURS on the deck just talking with dh and enjoying the stars and breeze. I havent done that in over two years!!! Im feeling pretty darned good right now after an afternoon nap tho im not up to dancing any jigs. Placebo effect? I doubt it. Nothing else got me out on the deck like that. No amt of pain meds did it. That was huge! I dont have my test results back yet but dont hold out any hope on them. Im shocked to read that dr's can lose their licenses for rxing meds! I actually hope that im one of the "lucky" ones that test positive. It would explain so much.
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

you might have had a slight herx. But it really shouldn't have gone away that quickly. It may have just sent the bad guys into hiding for now, unfortunately. But... now you can see the difference maybe... so don't get discouraged when your symptoms come back.

take care,
    Victoria

3. Misfit101

Misfit101 New Member

Thanks to you all here...i almost expect them to come back. Im not feeling like a brand new person but it was last nite that got me. Ive never had what it took to just sit out there and enjoy the evening. Its been bad for so long that you notice even the slightest sense of feeling better you know? I even got a shower today. If this what it is...i can only imagine what the right treatment could do. Maybe join the living? I can only hope.
  4. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

That is a very quick response to doxy. I agree with Victoria that some of the bacteria may have gone into cyst form due to the med.

But...regardless, it is soooo great just to hear that you have had a glimpse of hope...a small glimpse of normalcy and recovery.

The road is very long. I'm about 16 months into treatment and have a ways to go yet.

You are doing the right thing though by reading all that you can so you can be your own best advocate.

It's up to us to spread the word so others who are undiagnosed will also have the chance to recover. I see that you are already educating others on the FM/CFS board!! Fantastic!!!

All the best to you!