good articles on pain relief in May Good Housekeeping

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gardengrow, Mar 27, 2003.

1. gardengrow

gardengrow New Member

Thought a few of you would be interested in the May issue of Good HOusekeeping. It has three or four articles on different people with situations where they finally got relief and their lives back once their doctors were willing to prescribe medications to stop the cycle of pain. The last article mentions she has Fibro. Then there is a few pages that list the 35 top pain centers all over the country and the top docs there. Thought that might help someone locate one for their city.

Gardengrow
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thanks. It's always good to see we are getting some press about our illnesses.

Love, Mikie
  3. JLH

JLH New Member

What did the fibro person say about getting pain relief? I would be interested in knowing now. The next time I'm out, I will look for the magazine. Thanks.
  4. teawah

teawah New Member

I will get the mag soon as possible.
    teawah
  5. gardengrow

gardengrow New Member

The women in the article went 10 yrs at least before getting a diagnosis of Fibro. She received trigger point injections which helped her so much she went on to have two children. Then she went on a low dose of Elavil for sleep and says she is on Botox now and off of pills. It sounds like she went through the myriad of doctors though that we all do and finally found someone who beleived in Fibro. She still lives with pain but it sounds managable. I guess that is the quest of everyone with Fibro.There is a section on 10 myths about pain that is interesting too.

Gardengrow