Good backpack purse sources?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrohugslife, Jun 5, 2006.

1. fibrohugslife

fibrohugslife New Member

Hello everyone,

I am wondering if any of you knew of good online sources or stores I could try to find backpack purses.

I have quickly been finding out that they are a rare item to find. I guess they went out of style LOL.

I cannot handle having a bag on one arm as it causes much pain for me. For the backpack purse I have no problems with extra pain.

Robinson's-May used to be the place that I would be able to find them for reasonable prices and now with that merger with Macy's, forget it.

I have been to Ross, Target, Walmart, Burlington's, TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Mervyns, etc. and cannot find good backpack purses to wear.

Now I did find one on Target but they only had one style and no other backpack purses. However I am needing a smaller one for my vacation with my family.

So I was wondering if you knew of any good places to look, I am trying Ebay but not finding a lot.

Let me know. Thanks!
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

I just did, and there seems to be a wide variety by price etc...

let your fingers do the shopping?

LOL,
    V
  3. pjs

pjs New Member

Try Vera Bradley. They make a very pretty cloth backpack style that's lightweight and durable. They have a website (verabradley.com) that has a list of store locations that carry their line.

Pam
    [This Message was Edited on 06/05/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 11/10/2007]
  4. sisland

sisland New Member

My girl ordered hers from " ebags.com " check it out! goodluck............................sisland
  5. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

I'd check there.
  6. fibrohugslife

fibrohugslife New Member

Thanks everyone! I did not think I was going to get that many responses.

Victoria---I did do some googling but before buying from another unknown online retailer as I have had trouble with a few not sending my products, sending broken, wrong or damaged merchandise and you get the idea. I rather ask first and see where everyone has gone first. I rather be safe than sorry.

Everyone--I will try out those websites for sure.

Thanks!
    [This Message was Edited on 06/05/2006]
  7. jenni4736

jenni4736 New Member

I bought one just a few weeks ago at Target.

It's a brown leather back pack purse with small pockets on each side and two pockets on the front outside. Then there is the big zip on top with the main section!

I love it. Its nothing fancy but it holds all the medicine and all the other crap I have to have. Maybe you can find it there.

Jenni
  8. JenniferAnn539

JenniferAnn539 New Member

fibrohugslife,

I too pick my purses carefully. I love The Sak backpack purse and have it in more then one color. I have the mini crochet backpack version for the summer (it's a great size for me) and the leather sling for other times of the year.

You can locate these purses on The Sak website and ebay.

I also recently received a wonderful little purse as a gift. It came from Mapleleather dot com. You can find backpack purses there, along with mini purses and tapestry purses (which I have; click on the purse shown at the bottom of the page, it looks like it has a very small "handle" but it is a rope, and you and determine how long you want it and sling it over one shoulder and wear it in the front, where it is always handy.) You can pick your own fabric for this one.

Hope this helps. Best of luck!

Jennifer
  9. LindaW

LindaW New Member

I have bought purses fro Vera Bradley and LL Bean-vert happy with both
    Great quality
    lw
  10. bigmh

bigmh New Member

Hi Fibrohugslife!

A few months ago, I decided to look for a purse especially for travel. Often my purse was so heavy that my husband ended up carrying it!

I found Ameribag purses/backpacks at Amazon. I LOVE it! It has pockets for everything, and is easily carried over one shoulder. I find that I use it more and more often as it is so convenient.

They are kind of expensive (I think mine was around $50), but it seems durable. Also my husband will look much better carrying it if he has to! But I don't think he will...it seems to distribute the weight evenly over the shoulder.

Good luck! Blessings, Ann
  11. lin21

lin21 New Member

They have some neat bags on QVC that you weare like a pouch (over one shoulder and hangs on your hip area). Some microfiber , some leather.
    I need a few too, have to order soon.
    Good luck.
  12. carebelle

carebelle New Member

QVC has them
    comes in nice colors and a med size very nice
  13. libra55

libra55 New Member

L.L. Bean sells a "healthy back bag". It comes in leather or fabric, and different colors.

I love mine.

It was expensive but worth it.

Michelle
  14. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

ebags

Nice selection, good prices, quality, I like them.
    Tigger
  15. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

fibrohugslife:

Maybe try Bloomingdales. They are online, too.

nyrofan