Good Coconut Oil Brands??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by foggyfroggy, Jul 27, 2006.

1. foggyfroggy

foggyfroggy Guest

Yes I did a search but after several pages my eyes are giving out :0 so sorry if this has been covered a lot.

What is a good tasting brand, and has anyone noticed one brand working better than another?

Thanks!
    Gretchen
  2. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

Hello foggy!

My dear friend just today suggested I use this brand for the coconut oil so I thought I would share it with you. She said that this brand is very good and to this one or another one but I can't remember the other name but this one was on the top of her list.

Tropical Traditions

You can go to there website or you can ask your local health foods store if they carry that brand.

Good luck!

((HUGS))

kate
  3. foggyfroggy

foggyfroggy Guest

And bump for anyone else.

Gretchen
  4. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

You are very welcome hon!!!

((HUGS))

kate
  5. sascha

sascha Member

make sure it says "extra virgin coconut oil." i have ordered 2 jars from Garden of Life, which is a very reputable company. the taste of it was great, and you can find this source online at gardenoflife.com; i'm pretty sure that works. if not, just google and type in "Garden of Life." i also buy from health food stores- i just picked up Nutiva brand coc.oil there, and it's very good. sascha
  6. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

You silly! LOL LOL

You are the one that is using it! I just wasn't going to use your name. LOL

Thank you for the advice I am on my way to go get it tomorrow!

((HUGS))

kate
  7. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

both are extra virgin, but the Now brand was totally superior to the one I have now which is Heartland Gold. I bought both at Rainbow natural foods in Ottawa. The Now tasted so good straight and was pearlier looked like coconut cream, tasted like it too. It was a better antifungal, was stronger it seemed and kept me more regular. the other one seems weaker and blander tasting, more like lard and seems to bind me up a bit. Now was pretty good for pain too, though could cause a strong herx if I had too much at once. I can tolerate about twice as much of the Heartland.

I wouldn't order online for myself, its just too expensive. The health and organic grocery store had lots of brands and types to choose from in a vast pricerange.

jeanne
  8. foggyfroggy

foggyfroggy Guest

Thanks everyone!

Bumping again just in case someone has another
  9. foggyfroggy

foggyfroggy Guest

LOL at Kate and dncn! I'm glad I'm not the only one! Today a friend came by and I was trying to call my dog so she wouldn't jump and I couldn't remember her name!! I guess at least I didn't call her by my friends name :)

Gretchen
  10. kriskwon

kriskwon New Member

That's what I use. It's organic, 100% extra pure virgin oil, and bought at Whole Foods. I love it!
  11. kriskwon

kriskwon New Member

for FoggyFroggy (cute name!)