Good Company=Feeling Better

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by vannafeelbettr, Sep 25, 2008.

1. vannafeelbettr

vannafeelbettr New Member

I have noticed for myself, when I am around people who are upbeat and happy, I feel much better (pain and mood-wise). I moved an hour away from close friends and family to live where my husband's family is. When I get a visit from my old friends or my parents, I feel so much like my old self and don't hurt as much. I'm so damn happy. It's as if their love and kinship are medicine to my body.

On the other hand, when I am around husband's family (miserable and scandalous), I'm EXHAUSTED just being in their company.

So, I'm wondering how much control does the MIND really have on these diseases? I thought I'd send advice to those having a really bad day, take the effort (even if you feel as though you are dying) to have a visit or at least a phone conversation from those in your life that could make you feel better. Take notice if it works for you as well;)
  2. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

I have absolutely noticed that before!!

Great advice you gave! We have so much stress in our lives anyway, that finding that moment of happiness is a wonderful relief. Same feeling as when you do something for someone else. I have noticed my pain level goes down (or maybe I don't notice it)when I really help someone else - especially someone I love.

Our minds are powerful, POWERFUL things.

Very nice post- a very good reminder. I feel the exact same way. Thanks!