Good Day, Guai Group

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bigmh, Apr 9, 2006.

1. bigmh

bigmh New Member

Hi there guai group...hope that you all are having a good day. Today is my 1 month anniversary of starting the guai protocol. It is a good time to reflect on my progress.

It has been a rough go at times, but not really any worse than pre-guai. I have had a lot of very achy days along with fatigue. This is usual for me, though, and at least now I feel like I am going somewhere!

I have also celebrated some better hours here and there. Right now I am taking 3-400 mg Pro Health FA guai 3X/day. I may go back to LA but I haven't really seen a difference between the two.

I am encouraged by this group and the progress of many people on the guai protocol website. The no-sal hurdle is less and less...not really a problem at all once you weed out your products with sals. Anyway, I am keeping the rest of you in my prayers. Hope to hear of your progress soon.

Blessings to all, Ann
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm glad the Guai is helping you to cycle. Over time, the good hours should outweigh the bad. Once you are cycling, you can rest in the knowledge that the Guai is working for you and it will just take time. In a year, you will be another year older but on the Guai, at least, with the passage of the year, your symptoms should be much better. If you had done nothing, there likely would have been no progress. We really have nothing to lose and everything to gain with this treatment.

You are right about the sals. In the beginning, it seems so overwhelming, but once you have eliminated them, all you have to do is take the Guai and wait.

I'm still sick with whatever it is that made me ill, a virus is my guess. The cold sore is all but gone now, so I know I'm getting better. I moved my transfer schedule up and took them yesterday and today. I've stopped the AV. Every time I turn my head or stand up, the room spins, so I'm guessing it's in my ears now. At least, I get some variety :)

Even with all this, I'm still not as sick as I used to be and I've just come off a long remission. Thank God for the Guai which has set me free to concentrate on the enigmatic CFIDS. If only there were a Guai equivalent for CFIDS; it's so much more complex to deal with.

Hope everyone is having a good day. My prayers go with you all.

Love, Mikie
  3. bigmh

bigmh New Member

Thanks for your nice response. Yes, I do feel like guai is a "Godsend" (literally) for me as I was spiraling downward with FM.

I am amazed at how knowledgeable you are! How did you learn so much about transfer factors, viruses and all of the other things you mention? I believe that we should be in charge of our own health and would like more knowledge myself!

Blessings, Ann
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Any knowledge I've gained has been out of pure necessity if I want to heal. Everything I have learned about is something I first heard of here. Then, I have expanded my research wherever I can. I don't research like I used to. I was obsessed there for a while, but sometimes, that's what it takes to succeed. I really believe I am on the right path and am getting better. I know there will still be bumps on the road to health.

Today, I am feeling much better but I know in a day or two, I will react to the TF's and have a Herx. I'm hoping that will clear up whatever it is I have had.

Hope you and all our Guai friends are having a good day.

Love, Mikie
  5. Jane_Canuck

Jane_Canuck New Member

GM Ann and Mikie

Glad to see you both on this brigt and shiny monday!

I am still waiting to get over my danged cold. IT just drags on and on, hence me still waiting for hte chance to start the protocol.

However it allows me to weed out the sals and get more aof a grip on those.

TYVM Mikie for that kolonopin article I knew it was out there for the life of me I had not found it. Either that or I was not spelling it right.

Now since you are weening off of it are you still recommending it for fms use?

Thought I would ask.

I get these damned stapels and sutures out wed! WAhoooooooo oh they are driving me batty. Then surgery on the other side the 21st. That is why I want to start guai soon because I have the narcs and haave the excuse to ask for them. Once I stop seeing the surgeron I will not get any more cause my fired doc won't give them cause he does not believe in them. STILL trying to figure out down here where and to whom to go to next for a doc. Sighhhhhhhh hate this process.

TC All HAGD Brenda
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I think that article really explains our sensory overload, anxiety, insomnia, and lots of other related symptoms. I did a lot of soul searching before deciding to take the Klonopin. I don't like being dependent on drugs, especially ones which are difficult to wean off of. Still, Cheney describes the damage to the neurons and I decided that was the worst of the two evils. He also has said that when people get better, he has not seen anyone have a problem weaning off. I figure if I can't wean off, I still really need the Klonopin to stop the seizure activity and any damage to my brain.

So far, I am not having any problems. I won't cut another 1/4 tablet until May. I'm really going slowly but I will put 1/4 tablet under my tongue if I have any panic attacks or sensory overload during the day.

I can't really recommend that anyone else take or not take the Klonopin. I think that is a personal decision. I do feel as though I want to get Dr. Cheney's info out there to help others make an informed decision. Also, Klonopin, and Benzos in general, have gotten a bum rap with some docs because of the dependency issue. Some of them believe this is the same thing as psychological addiction which, we know, is not true. Still, the physical dependency is an important issue to consider.

I hope Cheney is right and that the Klonopin has protected my brain. I do not believe I would be healing now if I had not taken it so that I can get restful sleep. The sensory overload and panic attacks can also be disabling and I'm so glad to have the Klonopin which enables me to lead a more normal life.

Good luck to you in deciding.

Love, Mikie
  7. FM58

FM58 New Member

Hi All,

I have been on guai about 1 month also Ann!

At first eliminating all the sals was a little difficult - misplacing my reading glasses didn't help the matter, hahaha! I finally made sure that all my products are safe to use & had slowly titrated myself up to 800mg in am & 600 in pm.

I finally resorted to re-reading the book & discovered that one of my migraine preventatives - Feverfew - is on the list of things to avoid. I spoke to my FM doc, he had me lower my guai dose & since my migraines are currently out of control he advised that I should continue w/ the Feverfew. He explained that whatever I take orally will be absorbed by the liver (I do recall reading about this).

So now I feel like I'm stepping backwards- ugh! Now I am only taking 400mg in am & 200mg in pm. I have to call the doc back next week, hopefully he will want me to titrate back up.

Am I the only one to get off to such a rocky start?

Patty
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm so sorry about the headaches. I assume you cannot take medications for them. It would be nice if you could find one without sals so that you can continue the Guai sal free. Good luck to you.

Love, Mikie
  9. bigmh

bigmh New Member

Hi Patty! As I read your post, I felt for you as I, too, have had those out-of-control migraines. Only recently are they under-control...I am down to 5-8 per month instead of 15-25 per month.

Can you take regular meds? I tried everything to control mine...acupuncture, biofeedback, hypnosis and a list of meds that was 1 page long. It took 5 years, but I finally found that 50 mg Nortriptyline and 60 mg Inderal is the combo that controls them. I hope that you can find the answer for yours!

It must be hard having to go backwards on the guai, but I understand that migraines are unbearable. I keep our guai group in my prayers. Thanks for posting...I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Blessings, Ann
  10. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Patty-Welcome so sorry about your headaches. Hope you get them stopped soon I know Ann deals with them too.

Good Morning Mikie, hope you are having a good day before the TF kick in.

Brenda- good morning glad those stitches are coming out soon.

I'm getting a brake from cycling so hard. Soon I'm starting on my Rx Guai 600 LA.

Have a great day all:)
  11. Jana1

Jana1 New Member

I haven't been on long enough to write lately, but have kept up with the progress that you have been reporting.

The ups and downs with the guai get so detailed, that I am just going to tell you all that I am very much better!

Like you, I have a pretty bad day or half a day then two wonderful days in a row. I have already cut my pain meds in half and I am almost totally off prescription drugs. I am not going to predict anything, but am taking one day at a time.

The condensed version is when I feel good it is unbelievable to me that it is happening! And when I am bad, I wonder if the good days really happened!

The all time best thing that has happened is I feel like I have my brain back. I can plan things again and make choices that were beyond me only 5 weeks ago.

I am still taking 600x2, and feel I have gotten the sals out of my daily life.

Thank you for reading this, and I hope I hear from each of you.

A gratifying thing is that my husband commments on the difference in me and can see how much I am changing.

I am so thankful for the day that Mikie wrote her post encouraging anyone else to at least give guai protocol a try.

Jana
  12. Jana1

Jana1 New Member

Hope to keep this near the top so everyone sees it!
  13. Jana1

Jana1 New Member

Another bump so anyone thinking about the guai protocol will give it a good try!
    Jana
  14. bigmh

bigmh New Member

Hi Jana...WOW it was fun reading your post!! Your trip must have gone OK at least part of the time. I am SO encouraged to read that you are doing better...dropping down in pain meds and less fog...TERRIFIC!! I smiled all of the way through your post :).

I've been wondering about you...so glad you posted. I think that we are on the right track even though I don't have the progress yet that you do. But I have had good hours here and there, and I'm thankful for any breaks!

Keep in touch, Jana...so pleased for you!

Blessings, Ann
  15. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Each time one of us has even a slight improvement, it is cause for celebration. These little improvements eventually lead to big improvements. The Fibro Fog was the best part for me in the beginning. To be able to live without the horrible pea soup fog was a miracle.

Hope y'all are having a good day. No Herx yet from the TF's but I'm a tad tired today. Perhaps there will be none since I moved the treatment up. I just want to get back to my remission.

Prayers for healing for everyone.

Love, Mikie
  16. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Hi there, it's great to hear from you. I'm glad you are doing so good.

I started the HG diet so I'm going through this stuff. It's hard not to grab a cup of good real coffee!lol I miss it so. But like you said I've got my brain and thats a big blessing.
    Looks like the moon is full this morning. So pretty and I guess I'm going to skip another period. That's a good thing! Maybe I've had my last one. If i'm going to have one it's always around the full moon.
    Take care,
    Dee50
  17. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

I have been reading, studying and reading more to get prepared for the protocol. I have also been getting the guai group digests for about a month.

I am going slow, first going on the liberal HG diet for a month, using up my old products, then getting new ones. Also, I want to give the 5HTP a try to get my anxiety and insomnia at least somewhat improved before I start on the guai.

I really can't bother to read every ingredient on everything I have and what doesn't get used up will be given away or tossed and I am going to start fresh with sal-free products from the websites given.

Keep up with all of your progress reports good and bad.

It is very informative.

Sue in Ontario
  18. bigmh

bigmh New Member

Hi all...Sue, thanks for your post. I'm excited that you will be joining us! The label-reading does get easier. I read a lot of labels and also ordered products from Andrea Rose and Pro-Health that are sal-free. If you subscribe to the Guaigroup Web group off of Dr. St. Amand's site, that will help you with a lot of info, too. I have learned that I can use one product (like creams, etc) for more than one use!

I think that I am still cycling pretty hard. I have had a few hours of feeling better, but mostly have been very achy and tired. I have been taking 400 mg FA Pro-Health guai three times/day. After what I have read, I am going back to the 600 Pro-Health LA guai twice/day. It seems to be more accepted as the best treatment plan. I'm learning!

I hope that the rest of you "guai ladies" and mentors, too, are doing good. I would love to hear about your progress!

Blessings to all, Ann