Good Deal on a juicer

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sisland, Sep 15, 2006.

1. sisland

sisland New Member

Just stopping by to say "Yea" I got a juicer from a lady that only used it once and wanted to sell it! so i bought it for a really great price!

if you look around you can get good deals on them! Just made cucumber/Pear Juice was really good ! I'm very excited about getting into this routine of Juiceing need to read up on it and learn some recipies!.................................lol it doesn't take much to excite me these days,,,,,,,,,,,lol
  2. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

apple, grape, carrot or just apple grape if you want. My hubby likes these combos. Throw in some parsley if you want some greens in it! Have fun!
  3. MsOnlyMe123

MsOnlyMe123 New Member

I never had a Juicer and I don't know if my pocketbook will allow me to have one. If I had one I know that I would use it. Juicing is suppose to be a good thing, right??

Eileen
  4. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

Wash, not rinse, wash those fruits and veggies.

I bought a veggie wash at the health food store.

No spinach for the time being either, even if you did wash it, it is too iffy it has not been contaminated.

Be careful with your calories if you are using a lot of fruit. Veggies are lower in calories. Combo's are good.

Yummmmmmy

June
  5. pam_d

pam_d New Member

...a Jack LaLanne juicer as a gift. Other than a lot of clean up involved (and even that's not bad, I have it down to a science now) it's been a wonderful thing to have!

I usually do a fruit juice in the morning before work, and a veggie juice in the afternoon when I come home.

I'm really liking it!

Hugs,
    Pam
  6. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Save and refrigerate the leavings and make veggie/fruit burgers with them or use for soup bases.

Anne
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

My daughter loves antiques and they show up at thrift stores. She bought a brand new coffee maker, still in the box, for $4. New small appliances show up there often.

My neighbor bought a signed piece of art from one which was originally purchased at a gallery. It is a hugh painting, very well done and probably worth a heck of a lot more than the $20 she paid for it.

Love, Mikie
  8. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

I am back to juicing as of the last few weeks and I too am so excited. I had trouble before. Maybe I was not giving my digestive system a slow introduction. I am doing a different approach now. I am doing lots of green leafy veggies with either carrots, apples or grapes to make it more pallitable. I am adding a tiny bit of ginger root which is good for stomach problems. I am juicing only organic and I am doing it every other day. So far this more gradual approach has been working great. I hope you find it to be a great addition to your diet. Good luck. I also bought the book Juicing for Life by Cherie Calbom. I highly recommend this book. It gives recipes for individual illnesses.
    Nancy
  9. sisland

sisland New Member

Thankyou all
    For the juiceing tips!! I Found this juicer on E-Bay! for a a mear 15$ Yeah!!!

It's a Hamilton Beach Brand, And it truley is almost Brand New! about a medium size, Just Right up my ally! ! I know it's not top of the line ,But thats ok! wow what alot Of benefits of juiceing! I'm looking forward to all the fun recipies!!

The pulp Burgers sound good! and also i like to make breads so this will come in handy for that also!! thanks again!Wamps>>>>>>>>>> I'm Looking for Books today!!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Hugs to all!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,sydney
  10. sascha

sascha Member

i really loved juicing carrots, celery, cucumber, 1/2 apple, a chunk of beet, kale together. the cucumber makes a lot of juice, so it's good to put in. apple added a bit of sweetness.

i want another juicer. it feels so good drinking this veg. juice. i only used organic produce, and saved pulp for soup stocks. the pulp made such rich stocks. i'd freeze extra stock and have it on hand. i never did much with fruit- i used the blender for that. sascha