Good doc....I am happy and thrilled

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tedebear, Jan 20, 2003.

1. tedebear

tedebear New Member

Saw the rheumy for my check-up. Got the meds refilled.
    He also approved my disability license plate. What a relief. It takes me 2 hrs. just to walk into the grocers and get a few things and take them back home. So sore.

Does anyone else have trouble getting out?

Only places I seem to try to go is the doctors, physical therapy or get groceries.

Again...happy camper. Soft hugs.
  2. tandy

tandy New Member

Oh boy do I have trouble getting out!! More so now with the cold temps!! I just don't even want to venture out there! And yes....when I do get out its to pick up my kids or a drs appointment.(something boring~) Oh and grocery day?Thats my big outing! I'm usually gone for a few hrs because I go to two stores that day!!Yippy!!
    Last week tho I said the hell with this i'm going to the mall even if I have to crawl in!So I made it!!!We went to dinner and then to the mall~I even bought myself something which makes it worth the effort!lol
    Your not alone.......no life- is my middle name~
    Now I'm all malled out! I won't be itching to do that again real soon.
    Take care,
    Tracey
  3. Kimelia

Kimelia New Member

I'm so weak I'm not sure I will make it to my car after shopping much less pushing a buggy...

4. tedebear

tedebear New Member

I use it as an aide. I not only have FM but arthritis and RSD, IBS as well.
    It takes me forever even with my cane to walk. I don't say I don't get enough exercise. I have a tri-level home and get plenty of up and down exercise daily. It is just that when I go out it is so painful and I don't move quickly with the left leg so it takes me additional time to get from point A to point B than it would me husband or my grown (30 yr+ children).
    I don't use it as an excuse but a very useful aide.
    Take care. Soft hugs.
  5. tedebear

tedebear New Member

Thanks for all the encouragement out there.
    It makes life a little more bearable.
    Teddy bear soft hugs.
  6. tedebear

tedebear New Member

I appreciate the support.
    It does make a tremendous difference.
    Soft teddy hugs.
  7. little

little Member

I would have said the same thing. I get out a lot more with my cane. I have drove to New York and Florida buy my self. I don't need someone to hold on to. I make myself get out every other day. The cane gives me the indepence that I once had. If I had to park in the back of the lot a Wal-Mart I probably wouldn't be able to do it. Even though it doesn't seem like many extra steps, it does make a big difference. Gail
  8. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

and i know you'll Love having yours.
    I use it so that I can save the Limited Walking I can do for the Store.
    If I had to Park way in the back, I wouldn't be able to do the shopping I need to do.
    I still get my Exercise, so the Plaque really dosen't put a limit on my walking.

By the way, I live in So.CA. and you Need the Plaque's here, trouble is, there are so many now, that it's still Hard to find a close place to park.
    Also the Plaques are Free here, and you can Park any where for free, even at Special events, I get in Free. I use to live downtown, where there where Parking meter's, saved myself a lot of money and going up and down the stairs every 2 hours. ;o) don't need to feed the meter.

I also get "Looks" because I don't use my Cane going into a Store, I hang on to a Cart anyway, and I have Lost two Nice ones that way, lol, now I just leave it in the Van for when I really need it, like when my Knees or Ankles start Buckling.

Madwolf, the Buckling Knees is a symptom of FMS, so you should give your Pt's a Plaque, it sure helped me.
    One time in K-Mart, my knees went out from under me, I was truly hanging on to the cart for support.
    I didn't have a dx then of FMS and I didn't have a Plaque, I had parked towards the back of the lot and I thought I would never get there.

I also trun my ankles when I walk on Blacktop or rockydriveways and anyplace that has gravle on the walkways.
    I have FMS/MPS, and other co-conditions, so I really need the "Blue Sign" even tho I "Look so Well". lol

I think we should have some little "Perk: with these dds.

Hav a Great Day
    kredca4/sharon