Good Doctor in San Francisco?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by aprilM, Dec 29, 2002.

1. aprilM

aprilM New Member

Has anyone found a doctor who understands fibromyalgia and treats it successfully in San Francisco? Or if you know of someone good at the Palo Alto Medical Foundation that would be helpful, too.
    Thanks!
  2. pamj

pamj New Member

Hi April,
    I had very bad experiences at PAMF! I had been sick (the beginning of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) for a couple of months with what seemed to be a bad virus - fevers, swollen glands,sore throat, exhausted, headaches, body pain, etc... and my PCP thought I had depression & she wanted me to take an anti-depressant. I knew she was wrong, I was very happy at home & work. I had a great job, and was usually very active at the gym & hiking. When I got sick, I couldn't even get out of bed for over a month. Even by the third month when I questioned CFS, she said she though it was a "crock". They were not very thorough & acted like I was wasting their time.

The good doctor I found is in Palo Alto. Dr. Christine Green. Her office does not accept many insurances, but I didn't mind paying out of pocket to see her. I also received IV treatments there, which seemed to help a lot. She is very thorough in testing, and taking patient history. I had to stop seeing her when I moved to Massachusetts, but luckily I found another great holistic doc around here too.

I found Dr. Green on the "good doc" list here. If you have trouble finding her, let me know.

Good luck!
    Pam
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi April, welcome to the board. If you will go to the top of this board, we have a link to called; 'Doctor Referral',it lists doctors by states. I am sure you will find on this list. Many of the members here have.

If not, keep your post bumped up, so that others from your area will see it.

Again, welcome to the board, and hope we hear from you often, and do have a great New Year!

Shalom, Shirl
  4. aprilM

aprilM New Member

Shirl,
    There isn't one on the list for San Francisco.
    Only got one reply, too, besides yours. I guess I can try the support group...