Good Doctor's Visit Followed by an Insulting Neighbor

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by NyroFan, May 24, 2006.

1. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

I do not even know whether I should post this, but I am so angry about it.

I went to my GP and although I have always bad-mouthed him in the past, he treated me like a very sick woman this time.
    It turns out that he got the rheumy's report (update) on me.
    He could not have been kinder and starting joking around with me and making me laugh, as he did.

He said that he was giving me an Rx for Flexeril to 'maybe help' and also a referral to a urologist (possibe infection: he wants blood taken too).

Anyway, I get home by cab and as I step out I am met by Mrs. B (or so I shall call her).

As soon as I paid the driver she wasted no time. She said 'Back from the doctor again today'. Further into conversation she said 'You really did gain weight, is that from the divorce from your husband', then 'what is it you have' and then (me seeing RED by then): You are not really sick, are you--you just do not like to socialize with the neighbors.

So I said: 'With neighbors like you, who would want to socialize and I want you to know you are ignorant and ill-informed.'

I turned and made it up my driveway and she was shouting at me, I am not sure what. I got safely in the house and came right here. What do I do now. I see her from time to time outside. She was a great fan of my ex, who could do no wrong by her (typical of him and women). Etc. Etc.

My head is reeling. Such a good doctors appointment by someone I expected to be worthless and then coming home to that ______________.

So, what do I do now. Have the cabbie drive me all the way up to the driveway to the door to avoid her. I mean, I am pretty much shut in as it is, so what is one more thing.

I tried to stick up for myself, but am all knotted up and angry now.

And suggestions appreciated. If not, consider it a general vent and just ignore it.

nyrofan
  2. findmind

findmind New Member

I'm so sorry you had to encounter such an ignorant person in such a nosey, interfering way! How in the world can a person be that stupid?

Please tell yourself you did the right thing, telling her off. She had no right to "assault" you verbally. Then calm down and tell yourself that if what she does/says makes you mad and sick, she has won.

Don't let her! Make a point of ignoring her when you see her. Don't even try to explain yourself in any way. She won't "get" it, ok?

Take good care of yourself, and thank goodness you had a favorable response from the doctor. Hope the flexeril helps you...remember, start low and go slow on new meds, ok?

Many soft ((((((((hugs)))))))))
    findmind
  3. TxSongBird

TxSongBird New Member

I would have told Mrs. B. to f off. It is none of her business whether you went to the Dr. or not and her calling you fat is beyond reason. People that go to lengths of name calling and sticking their big old nose in other's business make me furious. By the way my Mother is like this, so I have had tons of experiencing telling her to mind her own business not the neighbors. Sorry for your shitty neighbor.

TxSongBird
  4. woofmom

woofmom New Member

Ask her if her life is so dull and boring that she has to interfere in yours. Then tell her that people who try to degrade other people are usually a worthless piece of dog doo who think it makes them look good. Then tell her that she really should consider a face transplant, which would do wonders for her crappy personality.
  5. Jordane

Jordane New Member

I am so sorry you had to go thru that.
    Some people are so rude, and mean.They do not care what they say,or if its going to hurt you!!

I applaud you for having your say back.She is the one who should be thinking,worrying,because of what she said to you. About how to apoligize for being so snitty!!!!!
    Not you!!!

I have been around people like that.They cut right thru,as if they have a knife.And not care that they do it!!!!

Gentle hugs!!!!!
    Jordane
  6. ksp56

ksp56 Member

That is what Mrs. B (hmmm, does the B stand for a certain word? lol), is. Ignorance is a horrid feature in an adult. She has enough for your entire state!

Good for you and standing up to her! Sex, religion, politics and weight are absolute NO NO's! What a stupid being she is. Her life is the one that is limited, Nyro. Much more so than yours!

I hope you take a hot bath/shower and do whatever you can to relax tonight.

Gentle Hugs,

Kim
  7. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Thank you, ladies: you always have a way of making me feel oh so much better. I am trying to put the incident behind me and find that it is leaving and leaving little by litte.
    What an assaut, though, you know. I felt bashed and after my doctor being so kind about FM/CFS it was the last thing I needed.

You are all much a part of my life for many reasons.

hugs,
    nyrofan
  8. elliespad

elliespad Member

NyroFan, that is the GREATEST COMEBACK ANYONE could have given her. I bow to your wit.
  9. mme_curie68

mme_curie68 New Member

Figures right?

Great day from one angle and then BAM! the smackdown has to follow.

So sorry that you had to deal with that wench!

Flexeril really helps me with the stiffness - I hope you find equally good result!

Don't give her the time of day.

Hugs,
    Madame Curie
  10. julieisfree05

julieisfree05 New Member

Nyrofan,

You were a true lady. You should be proud of yourself!

I have a temper and I've been known to speak my mind when someone acts like an idiot, so I probably would have told her off so badly that she would NEVER speak to me again!

LOL!

Way to keep your temper!

julie (is free!)

You can't fix stupid! - Ron White
  11. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I always like that old saying "I can loose weight ,but you can't loose ugly.LOL
    You handled yourself good, you turned and walked away ,enought was said.
  12. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

self-esteem they can only feel good about themselves when they are attacking somebody.

You did exactly the right thing!
  13. kalina

kalina New Member

Good for you for sticking up for yourself and tossing your neighbor's nasty comments right back to her. She sounds like a complete idiot.

I'm sorry a nasty person like this has ruined your day, but you handled the situation well.

Kalina
  14. JLH

JLH New Member

Nyro, I really hate to hear that you very verbally attacked by your neighbor. How awful. But, like everyone else has said, you did the right thing by speaking up for yourself.

She sounds like the type of nosey neighbor that you want to ignore anyway, which is what I would do in the future.

You had a good suggestion for yourself about the cab--next time, just have the cab driver drive you up your driveway--tell him you are coming home from the doctor and don't feel well. If she comes outside, just ignore her.

Her remark about your weight was totally inappropriate. In fact, all the questions she asked you--like what is wrong with you anyway, etc.--were all inappropriate. She is ignorant and has no manners.

Don't let people like her upset you--they are not worth the aggravation that they cause.

Hope you have rested after your good doctor's visit.

Big hugs,
    Janet

15. CountryRocker

CountryRocker New Member

In my opinion, people put others down for a reason. It's because they feel bad about themselves and this is an attempt on their part to feel better by trying to make you look bad.
    If you can stay calm and remember this, you can smile at her if she goes off again.
    You could really throw her for a loop and tell her that she sounds like she needs a hug because life must be terrible being her and say it with a smile.
    People react easily to anger but don't know how to keep being a witch when you're nice or won't go off on them.
  16. thirkmom

thirkmom New Member

Go toilet paper her house tonight. It will give her something to talk about and she'd never suspect you. That way you get the last laugh. LuAnn
  17. dellalvn

dellalvn New Member

Mrs B is correct ... lol
    I guess I really dont have a solution to someone that hateful, but, what goes around comes around. Just believe in that, whether you ever see it come to pass or not, it will happen.
    Della
  18. Roseblossom

Roseblossom Member

I agree - you don't need to change anything you do in order to avoid her. Just go on about your life, taking good care of yourself.

(and by the way, I'm really pleased to hear you're up again after your bad flare :)

When you see her again, look at her for a moment just in case she's wanting to apologize for her behaviour.

But if she starts to speak and clearly it's only going to be more mean-spiritedness, here's an idea - immediately put your fingers in your ears and, laughing, sing "la la la la lala..." until she goes away :)

Be happy in the knowledge that you're a good person instead of a creep like her!

Best to you, my dear,

Roseblossom
  19. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

your advice is superb! So simple, so effective,,,,LOL!
  20. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

What your neighbor said is truly ignorant and was extremely out of place. What's going on with you is none of her business unless you choose to discuss it with her. But, you obviously did not invite her to talk about it.

Some people truly do not know when to shut up. And, you should not be made to feel like a prisoner in your own home. I'd say continue to go about your own business. Just pretend as if she's not even there. If she tries to start with you again, tell her that it's a personal issue and you'd rather not share it with her. If she can't respect that...well, then she's really immature.

Gentle healing hugs,
    Kim