Good dr experience today

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SPR30, Jul 12, 2006.

1. SPR30

SPR30 New Member

I saw a dermatologist(Donnie Morgan) today for possible (punctate) psoriasis. Well, he acknowledged how hard it is to live with RA,OA,FM,etc...and he was compassionate and sweet!
    I know, rare!
    He took a biopsy of one of the lesions on my legs and said I will get results in about 7-10 days.
    He also said I have severe rosacea and gave me a topical antibiotic cream (metro) and told me that rosacea can be disfiguring, go to the rosacea website and look (it can also affect your eyes).
    Just thought you would like to hear of a good doc for a change.
  2. TAM

TAM New Member

HI,
    I'm so very happy to hear that you got a understanding good doctor, they are few and far between! Take care and extra good luck with everything! Tammy
  3. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Hang on to this one! I never found a really good FM doctor over the years, but I have a pretty good primary care doc now (FM has been much improved over the past three years, so don't really even need to deal with that now). I have cancer now, and absolutely LOVE my oncologist (& his partner, who I also see occasionally). I consider myself VERY lucky, doctor-wise.

Good doctors are rare!

Hope the rosacea improves. My Mom has severe psoriasis, has struggled for years with this. It does go into remission at times. I had what I was sure was psoriasis a year ago (especially with a family history), mine was on the tops of my feet, but the biopsy was negative. Turned out to be eczema; a prescription cream took care of it.

Good luck to you!

Hugs,
    Pam
  4. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

spr:

I have the same experience with my FM and CFS doctor.

It is always good to hear a good doctor story better than a bad one.

I had one doctor for a procedure and he put his arm around me and said: 'I am sorry you have FM. It is really a rough disease'.

nyrofan