Good Dr. in SE Michigan

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Lostfibro, Aug 17, 2006.

1. Lostfibro

Lostfibro New Member

I too am looking for a good Dr. in SE Michigan. I was seeing a good Dr. but her office staff and nurses seemed to dictate my prescriptions, and my doctors orders. I seem to be getting NO where with trying to explain this to my Dr. I could use a good referal. I will travel any between Toledo and Wayne areas. I really don't want to drive in bad weather, so the closer the better. Thanks Erin.

PS Catsmeow: Sorry to hear that Dr. Henderson has moved away. I was going to his clinic for muscle stretching and deep muscle massages last year. Their new office is quite the place.
  2. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

3. gymmbabe

gymmbabe New Member

Hi there...I was born and raised in Toledo. (In Kentucky now) If you find a good doc, please let me know. I would be willing to take the 6 hour trip if it will help. Plus, my mom & sisters are there:)

My mom lives in Temperance, MI...sisters are in Curtis, OH

Dawn
    [This Message was Edited on 08/18/2006]
  4. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

I've been seeing a great FMS doctor in Ann Arbor for the past two and a half years and he has really helped me. His name is David Vallance and his office is at 3055 Plymouth Road, Suite 102, Ann Arbor, MI 48104, (734) 623-0100.

Expect to have to wait several months to get into see him. He really has more patients than he needs, but he hates to turn down people who really need the help.

He is the only doctor I have found after years of searching that is willing to aggressively treat pain. I have been on a low dose of morphine (Kadian) for over two years now and have had no problems with addiction. I think the addiction problem is highly overrated. He spends a lot of time with you and never acts rushed. He really listens. He is quiet and soft-spoken. He also writes down notes of things he wants you to do and try, makes a copy for your file and gives you the original.

I have given his name to several other people and they have had success with him as I have. When you make an appt., ask them to put you on a list to call if someone cancels their appt. last minute. I was able to get in a month earlier that way. I now see him every other month. Only once did I have to wait a long time in the waiting room. Dr. Vallance apologized to me for this and said that one of his patients had an emergency.

Good luck.

Ellen
  5. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

His name is Dr. Ziobon I think. He practices wholeistic medicine with tradtional.