Good Dr. in Tampa, FL?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by blaze5113, Feb 16, 2011.

1. blaze5113

blaze5113 New Member

I have just relocated to FL and am looking for a good Dr. I'm on Medicare and trying to get approved for Medicaid but its taking forever down here (moved from NC). Any help appreciated. Thank you.
  2. wrthster

wrthster New Member

Hi,

Used to live there. Not many unfortunately. Try Dr. Elizabeth Zable, she is a Rheumatologist. Long wait to get in, but really the only good one I know of in the entire city . Best of luck.
  3. wrthster

wrthster New Member

Hi,

Saw both docs Sue 2009 found for you. Cichon is out of his mind, look at the rating on ratemds. He is terrible and diagnosis everyone with Lyme. Casanas, brilliant but cannot communicate at all and will keep you waiting forever. You are much better off if you can get in with Zable. I lived in that area for three years.
  4. FloridaLymie

FloridaLymie New Member

Dr. Cichon is a amazing doctor who treats aggressively and successfully. He cant accept any insurance other than blue cross because in Florida insurance companies will drop you for treating Lyme since it is not recognized as an endemic area. I had reservations about paying the initial cost for consultation but when I left his office that day i had NO REGRETS. After struggling for so long to find someone who isn't afraid to treat Chronic Lyme is refreshing. He doesnt cave to the "for profit" CDC and IDSA. He uses his conscious to treat according to scientific fact and not according to the outdated, politically motivated guidelines set forth by those who stand to profit. We cashed in our 401k so i could be treated by this pioneer and It has been worth every penny!