GOOD FIBRO DOC IN CHATTANOOGA TN.??????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 121043, Aug 14, 2005.

1. 121043

121043 New Member

I sure would like to find a Doc that is sympathetic and knows something about fibro in the Chattanoogs ,Tn area.

One that could do something besides prescribe antidepressants and tell me to exercise.I take care of my 90 year old Mother,believe me I get plenty of exercise. By the time I tuck her into the bed at bedtime,i am barely able to move and get myself in bed.

The Doc's I have had for the last 10 years seem to barely be familiar with the problem,and they are 10 minute visit Doc's (i am sure you know what I mean).

Sure do need one that can spend some time and truly try to find something to help.I have tried most everything I can find on this board,and elsewhere,so far no help.

Thanks in advance for any info.
    Loretta
  2. karatelady52

karatelady52 New Member

and they are very thorough if you read the posts on here. It's worth the drive. One person drives 4 hours to get there.

My sister lives in Chattanooga so I make that drive once in awhile.

I've been reading on viruses and how they can be latent in the body until something triggers it like an automobile accident or some type of stress. Mine hit me full blown at menopause plus we had some stress in our family with one of my teenagers.

Most doctors don't do the extensive blood work. They just give you pain meds (at least that's my experience). My last doctor was a 10 minute doctor too and I went to her for 6 years and never felt better.

Don't give up --- all of us at the center are beginning to feel better. I just posted on another thread that today is the first day I felt energized and didn't need a nap.

Sandy