Good FM Dr needed in Morgantown West Virginia

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ginger0206, Jun 8, 2003.

1. ginger0206

ginger0206 New Member

Hi,
    I am new to the boards and need help finding a good FM doc in Morgantown WV. My family MD, 2 ortho doc's and 3 neuro doc's won't listen to what i have to say. They insist on treating only my pain and insomnia and ignore all my other problems. I am an RN and have been doing my own research on other causes of chronic back pain/PAIN and have been looking into FM. I thought I was the only one in the world with my symptoms and problems until I read the information you share with each other. I have found it both helpful and comforting knowing that I am not crazy like my doc's make me feel. Please if anyone can help I live between Elkins WV and Canaan Valley WV and need a doc that will listen.

Thanks
    Ginger
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Ginger, welcome to our world. We do have a 'Doctor Referral' list at the top of this board, they are listed by states. Also you can call the; 'FM Network' at ; 1-800-853-2929.

I am sure we have someone here also that will be able to share with you. Your complaint is not unusual, its more the common complaint about doctors and FM/CFS and related symptoms.

My opinion is, that they don't know what it is, or what causes it, so they simply say we are mental cases, or just ignore us altogether.

Glad you have found our board, and you will also find a whole lot of medical professionals like yourself here too.

Again, welcome and I do hope you post often so we can get to know you. Good luck with finding a doctor that is a believer too.

Shalom, Shirl
  3. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

but I have traveled to WVU to many doc visits and they couldnt find out what was wrong with me. I had a neuro at WVU and she was a joke so I ended up going to Cleveland Clinic for a neuro doc. As far as a FM doc..I went to Canton Ohio to see Dr Mark Pelligrino. He is very good and he has FM himself. I just wish I lived up there so I could do his water therapy, etc inwhich he has right there at his office. He has several great books out also. Hope this helps.
    Carlacat
  4. ginger0206

ginger0206 New Member

Thanks for the doc recommendation. I don't know if I could stand traveling to his clinic. How often do you go for an appointment? I will research him though.

Ginger

5. ForeverFlaring

ForeverFlaring New Member

I live in Greensburg PA, not too far from you. I have heard that UPMC has a great fibro program but have not tried it myself. I don't know if you would be willing to drive to Pittsburgh for treatment, but I thought I would throw in this option for you. I am going to a recommended doc for pain management in a few weeks in Pittsburgh. If coming here is an option for you let me know and I will give you his name after my appointment.

Oh I forgot to say..welcome :)