Good FMS Dr. In East Bay Area, CA Anyone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kaiasmom, Apr 11, 2007.

1. kaiasmom

kaiasmom New Member

Hello Everyone!

Well, I have come out of lurking mode again, and want to say hi! I have recently come out of a job that sent me into a deep depression, which took me out on disability for 5 weeks.

Anyways, I am at a new job, again (Had the other, terrible, life sucking job for only 6 months) and now that I have my pain under almost reasonable control, I have to change from Kaiser to a regular PPO.

So, I have to begin the search for a doctor to write my 11 different prescriptions, If I can find one, or two who will. I already know that at least 4 of my current prescriptions are not even covered under my new insurance! Wonderful...should be an interesting transition.....

Anyways, if anyone knows of a good doctor - not just one that will treat pain agressively, but also one who is willing to explore alternative causes & treatments (I've had Kaiser for some time & have been limited to their treatment protocal-medications) of the underlying problem.

I know I've gotten worse over the last couple of years, and I don't want to continue down the same path - I'm 27 and I feel 87. Problem is, everyone expects me to behave like a 27 year old, and I just can't even come close to keeping up.

Well, Hope everyone is doing well!

Leanne
    [This Message was Edited on 04/12/2007]
  2. kaiasmom

kaiasmom New Member

Bumpity Bump..
  3. cristine04

cristine04 New Member

i live in the east bay! i would love to chat with you about local docs...maybe we can meet in chat room and trade emails? i am 26 years old...live at home w/ parents right now. my condition differs from yours in terms of symptoms, etc but i'd love to talk w/ u anyway!
    cristine

(so write back and we can chat or IM or something)