Good Friend passed away yesterday

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by darude, Aug 14, 2006.

1. darude

darude New Member

My wonderful friend passed away yesterday. Her name was Monica and was misdiagnosed with FMS. After a few years they found out it was Progressive MS. Her illness progressed fast and she was in a nursing home where she developed bedsores down to the bone. Her hubby took her out and she seemed to be doing better. Unfortunately last week she went into siezures and then a coma. She died on Sunday at the age of 44.
  2. PianoGirl

PianoGirl New Member

to hear about your friend. It's very hard to loose the people we love and care about.

I will be keeping you and her family in my prayers.

Take care,

Lisa
  3. tata1580

tata1580 New Member

so sorry to hear of your loss..

thinking of you and prayers your way

Tami
  4. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I will say a prayer for you, and also for her family. She was very young...I am so sorry for your loss.

(((Hugs)))
    Pam
  5. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

I am so sorry. I am speechless. You and Monica's family will be in my thoughts.

many hugs

Lena
  6. darude

darude New Member

Yup I will miss her as she always managed a smile even tho she could no longer move or barely speak. She was OK up until 2002 when her legs gave out and then everything else followed.
  7. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I'm so sorry. I now how devastating MS can be as I have a cousin in a similar situation. I know you will keep her in your heart.

Kathy
  8. Cinlou

Cinlou New Member

Darude,

So sorry about your dear friend....only 44, so sad...thoughts and prayers for you and her family.

Cindy
  9. angeljoe

angeljoe New Member

You are in my prayers! I'm very sorry to hear about your loss.
    God bless,
    Angela
  10. kriket

kriket New Member

I am sorry to hear of the loss of your close friend. That's so young. I will remember you in my thoughts and prayers. HUGS!!!!!

Kriket
  11. wordbyrd

wordbyrd New Member

My deepest sympathies. Monica's life was so short and it's terrible that she suffered. I'm so sorry for your loss. Take care. You're in my prayers.

--wordbyrd
    [This Message was Edited on 08/14/2006]
  12. darude

darude New Member

She's at peace now - no more pain, unable to see, speak or move.
  13. kjfms

kjfms Member

I am so sorry you lost your friend. She sounds like she was a great person. I bet you have some lovely memories.

Sending you peaceful thoughts,

Karen
  14. suzetal

suzetal New Member

I am so sorry you lost your friend.

I will keep you and her family in my prayers.

Hugs>>>>FOR EVERY DAY A NEW DAWN WILL COME>>>>>Sue
  15. tlayne

tlayne Member

How, how sad. I am feeling so bad for you and her husband.
    I am sending you a nice warm hug and prayers your way. Love, Tam
  16. pamj

pamj New Member

Darude,
    I'm so sorry to hear about Monica. MS is such a scary illness, and it's so sad that she had to suffer like that. My thoughts & prayers are with you and her family.

take care,
    Pam
  17. kirbycat

kirbycat New Member

I am so sorry to hear of your loss, celebrate her life and all the good memories you had.

Hugs all around.
    Cathy
  18. springrose22

springrose22 New Member

She was so young and she was your friend. My heart goes out to you. Love, Marie
  19. kellyann

kellyann New Member

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. What a terrible way for you lovely friend to have to spend her last days. I am so sad to hear it. I was a certified nurses aide before I became too sick. There is absolutely no excuse for bedsores that bad. CNA's are taught to turn the patient's every few hours to keep the circulation going in the body. But obviously in some nursing homes it doesn't get done.

I'll be praying for you,
    Kellyann
  20. findmind

findmind New Member

Oh, god, darude, I am crying again. I'm so fragile right now, and to hear such a terrible, sad story of your dear Monica, especially that she was misdiagnosed and was not taken well care of in nursing home...

I can't stand it.

Much sympathy to you, many tears and thousands of hugs.

She will stay alive in your heart...

findmind