Good info for a newbie

Discussion in 'Caregivers' started by custsvgal, Mar 6, 2002.

1. custsvgal

custsvgal New Member

I'm new to this site as well as the site for fibro. The last few days I have learned much concerning my husbands pain. While visiting family, he had a flare up and I know it was terrible for him. Now that we are back home he is better, lot less stress.

I have learned my coping ability makes a difference in how I accept him. Hearing from those who live through this pain helps me to help him.

Hope to learn more from your experiences.

Thanks for your help!

2. annee

annee New Member

You have come to the right place to find support and understanding from people who are 'living' similar experiences.
    GB (hubby) has cfs.
    Takes GB ages to 'recover' from interstate trips visiting our families.
    So we don't do it anymore.
    GB cannot even handle sitting in the car for long periods of time.
    GB is my priority, so we see less of the family.
    And thats just the way it is.
    Sometimes I get itchy feet and feel like I am 'marking time'.
    Well - reality bites.
    We believe we are passing through a phase of our life together. Not too sure how long this phase will last - coming on for 4 years now.
    Not too sure how long it will last.
    I guess we are not thinking medium to long term into our future.
    Just trying to make the most of what we have - here and now.
    You are right - your coping ability makes 'all' the difference.
    When I am not coping - which happened recently, life was tough.
    That short lived phase has passed and we move on again - together.
    Just love the guy - cannot help it!!!!!!!!! :)
    Talk to you again soon.
    Stay strong!!
    Take care,
  3. faithforher

faithforher New Member

Hi There,
    I love my girlfriend so much it hurts sometimes when I slip and stop coping. I tell her, probably more for myself, "One day at a time baby". We have been having some hard times lately and the stress really takes it's toll on her. I wish I could keep from blurting out those non-coping comments that I say when her mood does a 180. It seems that the FM has really caused her to be very depressed. I am ADD and I just can't seem to keep my mouth shut. Thank you for your words of wisdom. I'm the same way,
    I Love her and will never give up the faith that better days are ahead.
    I regain some perspective when I read the posts on the FM board. I need that perspective adjustment often it seems:)

Living day by day!!!!!!!!