Good Internest Primary Care in Atlanta Area

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by wrthster, Nov 11, 2009.

1. wrthster

wrthster New Member

Hi all,

Does anyone have a good and understanding Primary Care Doctor in the Atlanta area who takes good insurance?

Thanks very much.
  2. srmny

srmny New Member

Hi wrthster,

I too am looking for a doctor in Atlanta. I don't need a CFS doctor - I just need an internist who will not glare at me every time I mention CFS. I have gone through 2 of them now - they just would not respond to anything I said if the words Chronic Fatigue Syndrome were in the sentence. The last one left the practice and the office manager asked me who I wanted to see to replace him. I asked her to poll the doctors in the practice and if she could find one who "believed" in CFS I would see that one. She polled 4 doctors - not one would acknowledge CFS as a "real" illness. I walked out.

Sorry for the rant. The other day someone posted this doctors name. (sorry- I did not record the poster's name) I am going to call her when I am on my feet again.

"Delmazo Medical in Emory Hospital on Peachtree Street. I've been going to Butler for over a year. She takes FM/CFS very seriously and treats you for it. They definitely bill insurance. They are all Rheumatologists there but I see Butler."

Sorry I can't help you with a Primary.

Good luck!

3. wrthster

wrthster New Member

Thanks Susan, I wish you good luck as well. Let me know if you find somone and I will do the same.
  4. wrthster

wrthster New Member

5. wrthster

wrthster New Member

6. wendysj

wendysj New Member

Hi Wrthster,

I am the poster who said Butler with Del Mazo Medical at Emory Hospital. She is an internist/rhuematology. She has taken my illness very seriously. (I'm glad the other poster took down her name too!!)

I haven't found any other doctors in Atlanta that I can refer you too... I met a bunch that were less than professional.

I hope you find someone who will help. Dr. Butler is very good.