Good Milk Thistle & Dandelion combo??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TwinMa, Feb 22, 2006.

1. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I've been taking Milk Thistle and Dandelion separately and would like to simplify and only take one liver support herbal product. I went to Whole Foods and Wild Oats and there are too many choices!! Most liver cleanse products had other things in them, and I'm still pretty herb naive and don't know what all the other stuff does.

Any recommendations? Are there any specific herbal brand names that are usually reliable?

Katy
  2. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I actually looked for the Lifetime brand at both Whole Foods and Wild Oats, and neither store carried it. I even asked, and they were clueless. I did see some other Lifetime products, though, just not the liver support.

Any other good ones, or should I just pick one at random and see how I do with it? At this point, it's "throw a dart" and see which one it hits!
  3. kbak

kbak Member

Katy,
    If you want to simplify, than just take milk thisle. I would take milk thistle over dandelion root. I know people that have cleared up Dx'd liver problem's with milk thistle. I think you can actually take to many things. Dandelion root is good for liver and kidneys. You can get it in a tea, and it tastes like weak coffee. I love it. You can just have some of that once in a while.

You should take the milk thistle only 5 dyas a week and 2 off. A lot of these herbs are not ment to be taken everyday. It's always good with herbs to give your body a 1 or 2 day rest from them.

Hope this helps,
    K.
  4. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

Thanks! I think I will just continue with the milk thistle by itself.

That was info I didn't know about herbs. Very interesting about the 5 days on and 2 days off.

Thank you for your input!

Katy