Good Morning America on pain medication

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Adl123, May 6, 2006.

1. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Dear All,
    Yesterday Good Morning America did a pretty strong piece on drug addiction, specifically about Neut Gaingridge. They stressed and stressed how dangerous pain medications were.

I felt that this was one-sided. I noticed that nothing was said (Or has ever been said, to my knowledge) about the many people who legitimately need pain medications and are being denied them, because of the paranoid fear of so many doctors.

I e-mailed ABC news about this, and pointed it out.(I wasn't able to contact the program directly, as my computer kept on forcing me to "force quit").

I thought I would suggest that it might be a good idea to call this to their attention.

Did anyone else see the program? What did you think? Do you think something would happen if several of us e-mailed them and enlightened them?

Thanks,
    Terry

[This Message was Edited on 05/06/2006]
  2. joanng

joanng New Member

So many people suffer from constant pain and most of us don't like the fact that we have to medicate ourselves but it's very easy for those to talk about how bad these meds are for people. I wake up every morning feeling like a failure because I have to take pain meds but right after that thought the pain in my back reminds me that I could either stay in bed and try not to move around too much or get up, take my meds, and go to work so I can put a roof over my family's head and food on the table and send my kids to college, etc. It must have been a slow news week so they looked thru the files and figured, hey we haven't done this in awhile, and ran with the story. In addition to my meds, I take natural supplements which help and I try to get to the gym 4 times a week, but that isn't enough. I need to function in society and as a mother, wife, employee, PERSON and unfortunately, I need help. I bet if they did a poll in their office, they would be surprised how may of their employees take meds just to get thru the day......now that would be a story. Thanks for sharing this Terry!