Good Morning everyone I have praises

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Christinawensell, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Christinawensell

Christinawensell New Member

I have not been on here for so long. I have been attending school like I said I was going to do. I am happy to report I have not got a grade lower than a 95 percent after 10 tests.

I would have to say I am pretty proud of myself. We have two tests a week, and class 4 days a week, so it is pretty fast moving. You learn something one day and test the next.I stay up alot of late nights, actually I am still awake from last night and have not went to bed yet. I was studying for another test today. I take evening courses, so I will go to sleep this morning and wake up at noon. My family hates when I do this because they worry about me not getting enough sleep.

I have recieved two 100 percents on my tests as well. I really push for the 100's. All of the students except for 2 are in their early 20's or late 20's. The other two are older than me. I love my class and they are all very supportive.

I already think I might change what I am going into though with the medical program. I wanted certified billing and coding which pays around 25-30 dollars an hour, but now I would really like to become a medical assistant, and maybe move on from there as well. I was really scared at first going back to school, but now I love it. I really enjoy learning and knowing I will have a career that I love to go to everyday.

My daughters are doing great as well. My younger daughter who was hurt very bad in the car accident is mending nicely. She has now had two surgeries and we have raised about 8,000.00 for her to help pay for anything that the insurance does not pick up for medical costs.

We are living in a beautiful home, and I am so lucky to have such a beautiful family, one that is so supportive of me going back to school.

I just wanted to share with all my friends. I miss talking to you all. I will try to stop back more often. I will be studying again tonight big test tonight, but alos tomorrow night too.

Love you all,
  2. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

I will definetly keep you daughter in my prayers. How were you able to raise that much money, that is wonderful. It is also wonderful that you are going back to school.

I also have 2 daughters, 15 and 17 and I don't know what i would do if anything happened to them. My 15 year old has scoliosis pretty bad and wore a brace for 3 years. Now that she has pretty much stopped growing the doc said that the brace has done all it could. She most likely will have surgery within the next couple of years. Her curves are 49 on top and 46 on bottom.

Good luck with your daughter and again I will keep you all in my prayers.

Gentle Hugs,

3. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

You should be very proud of yourself!!! Way to go!
    I'm glad your daughters are doing well. Great job on raising money to help pay for her medical expenses. How did you do that?

Take care of yourself while you're following your dreams.

4. Christinawensell

Christinawensell New Member

2,ooo was from a car wash and the rest we raised from a fishing tornament They had fisherman come and pay 100 a piece to fish in the tournament, they had an incentive for one it was a good cause and for two they could get a top of 500 dollars. The money they recieve was also donated from one source for Amber. We had three news coverages about the car wash and the fishing tournament , so people knew to come out. Plus alot of local businesses put up fliers in their places to let people know.

We also had a raffle. We had so many prizes that were donated. We had a trip, fishing gear, massages, autographed pictures from some local baseball, and basketball stars- which they donated as well. The trophies and everything was given. I could not believe the generousity of people once this happened to us. With this disease I had gotten to such a low point that no one cared about what happened to our family, and then this happened and all that has changed.

We have had a tramatic event, but it changed our lives. If I had to do it all over again I would elimainate the accident in a heart beat to take away all the suffering my daughter has had and all the pain and healing she still will have to go through.

I have been so blessed and praise everyday I have with my daughters and family now.

I still have fibromyalgia and still have pain everyday, but I keep plugging along, and feeling blessed for the life I have today, because you never know if tomorrow will ever come.

I think I am rambling right now, sorry- I am up another late night studying. I got a 99 percent on my test today and am shooting for 100 tommorrow. I only had about 3 hours of sleep today, so I am exhausted and still have about an hour to study.

Take care.

blessings to you all,
  5. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

I know how you feel when it comes to your kids being in pain. You are a wonderful Mother. Anytime my kids are sick or get hurt, i feel so bad for them and I wish so much that it was me in their place and not them. It hurts so bad to watch them suffer.

What a wonderful group of people you have to get all that money raised for your daughter. You must live in a very sharing closenit community that are very giving and unselfish.

I will keep you and your family in my prayers and keep us updated on the progress of you daugher.

Gentle Hugs