Good morning from snowy PA

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by footballmom, Mar 6, 2007.

1. footballmom

footballmom New Member

Well, I'm off of work again today. Just when you think there is nothing left on your body that can hurt, another symptom pops up. Does anyone else get eye pain? Yesterday afternoon when I was coming home from work my eyes started to hurt, not the kind of pain that is from reading too much or sunlight in your eyes but stabbing burnign pain that is almost umbearbale. I came home from work and had to lye down on the sofa with a towel accross my eyes hoping that would help, it didn't. I took vicodin, that didn't help. Now this morning it is a bit better but I it didn't go away. I work at a computor all day but have done so for years, so I don't know if that is the cause or not. This is a new symptom for me.

As I stated in a previous post, I'm going down hill again. Why do flares come on so fast. I was actually feeling pretty good for a few weeks. I'm so frustrated.

Tess
  2. Shalala

Shalala New Member

Just a little snowy here in Ohio. I literally hurt from head to toe. You may want to check with the DR. It is probably stress/strain or a migraine.
  3. footballmom

footballmom New Member

I never know if i should go to the doctor about differnt sypmtoms or just attribute it to FMS. I printed off the CFS/FMS symptom list this morning. I think I'm going to complete one each week and take it along to the doctor when I go in.

Whne does it stop?????
  4. shanabell1

shanabell1 New Member

I sometimes get the burning in my eyes and I put drops in them and it seems to help. As for the stabbing pain in my eyes yes all the time which is accompanied by a really babd headache. I take a perocet and try to sleep it off.. That is if I can fall asleep....

I live right outside of Philly about 5 miles from the airport what part of PA are you from???

Shannon
  5. footballmom

footballmom New Member

The stabbing pain continues but it isn't constant it comes and goes......I have blurry vision now also and light just causes my eyes to ache. I don't know if it's eyestrain from being on the computer at work.....so I've tried to limit my computer time at home.

I can see working coming to an end very shortly. I'm getting to a point where I just can't take it anymore.

BTW, I'm from Central PA, 10 miles from Harrisburg.
  6. sfrazier

sfrazier New Member

Tess I don't know if you relize this or not but it is possible to have migraines in your eyes. i suffer really bad migraine head aches but at one doctor appointment i said that my eyes were really hurting today and was told that you could get migraines in your eyes. try an over the counter migraine reliever and see if that helps......SueF
  7. footballmom

footballmom New Member

Sue,Thanks for the reply. I never really thought about migraines. I get a lot of headaches but I don't think that they're migraines. I take so many pills...you would think that something that I'm already taking would releive the pain.

Tess
  8. sfrazier

sfrazier New Member

Sorry to say Tess that like you i take enough pills that you would think that they would take them away. shoot i'm even on time released morphine and no help. the only thing that works is for me to take my migraine pills and mine are prescribed. i've never found anything else to take a migraine away.....SueF
  9. Shalala

Shalala New Member

I am far worse now than I was 3 months ago and I think it is all of the meds I am on. They all can cause dizziness, drowsiness and headaches (amongst other side effects). I am parked in the recliner but wish I could go out and play in my floweer gardens :-( . I got all kinds of things greening up and pushing up out of the ground. I got tons of daffodils so hopefully I will have a big bloomin burst of them in a few weeks.
  10. footballmom

footballmom New Member

It's lovely here today also, Unfortunately my eyes hurt to bad to go in the sunshine.

11. Shalala

Shalala New Member

I went outside anyway (w/ cheap dark sun glasses) and wore myself out again doing some yard cleeanup. Then I came in and went crazy in the kitchen washing dishes. I think this Lyrica is kicking in? I am up to the 300 mgs. I have to be really careful though with this vertigo/dizziness. I am also talking to myself, the cat, inanimate objects and singng weird obnoxious songs!!! Ewwwwwwwwww. Gosh I hope no one can hear me. lol
  12. footballmom

footballmom New Member

if you do too much today you'll pay for it for the rest of the week. I also wanted to mention to you that when you apply for LTD they sometimes call neighbors, friends etc to verify that you can't work and also send people to "watch" you. to make sure you truley are diabled. If they see you working in flowerbeds they'll say you can work. Just an FYI.
  13. Shalala

Shalala New Member

Yah ... I figured they would do that. We had a guy sittin in a car a couple of years ago (he was soooooooo obvious) and we were worried about him being a pervert looking for a kid to grab. We called the police and here he was a PI on a case (workman's comp). The neighbors all know I am crippled up. I only worry about one JERK neighbor right next door to me. He is hateful and would lie just to hurt me.

Thanks for the heads up ;-)[This Message was Edited on 03/11/2007]