Good Morning to all Guai Ladies

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Dee50, Mar 29, 2006.

1. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Good morning to all hope everyone is doing well today.
    Have a great day.
    Dee50
  2. bigmh

bigmh New Member

Hi all...

Dee...thanks for the post! How are you doing? I hope you have a great day, too.

Short report on me...I have been feeling awful for many days now since I started the guai, but had a few hours of feeling better yesterday!! I am SO thankful as it gives me hope for the future!!

How are you doing, Jana and Brenda?

Anyone else joining us?

Go Guai Ladies! Blessings, Ann

3. Jane_Canuck

Jane_Canuck New Member

Good Morning

I am alright, my head cold is moving south and going into my chest.

I quit taking my guai so that I could take the cold meds and not have anything cancel out.

Had 2 lumps the size of cherry tomatoes come out of my arm pitt monday so just wnat eveything to settle down again esp the cold before I take more of the guai and maybe the library will have the new book by then too.

Apart from that all is quiet here but that is cause I am in bed alot lol.

HAGD Brenda
  4. bigmh

bigmh New Member

Hi Brenda...It sounds like you are recovering from both a cold and surgery...that's a lot to handle! I hope you will be feeling better soon.

You have a good/restful day...Ann
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I keep the Guai Ladies in my prayers. Brenda, I pray for a speedy recovery for you.

Ann, this probably means you are cycling just like you are supposed to. This is likely very good news.

Dee, I hope you are doing well.

I feel better than I have in ages. Going on a three-week remission. I just keep feeling better and better. Of course, it's all relative; I'm nowhere near normal, but I'm sure a lot better than I used to be.

I'm taking the sublingual B-12 from PH which is supposed to cross the blood/brain barrier and also the Hydrogen Boost. I tried them separately on different days and both seem to be helping so now, I'm taking them both. As I wean down on the Klonopin, the melatonin is helping me get really good sleep.

I keep hoping this is true healing and not just a remission betweeen relapses. I have to watch myself and not overdo it because I have so much energy (which is so rare) and I have so many things which have piled up.

I pray that all of us achieve healing.

Love, Mikie
  6. bigmh

bigmh New Member

PS I forgot to mention that you all are in my daily prayers, too. Blessings to all...Ann
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

But I have a special place in my heart for everyone who tries the Guai Protocol. It takes courage and commitment to make the changes required to try this treatment with no guarantees it will work. I know it has worked for me and it seems to be working for all of you which makes me so happy. I know it isn't easy, but once it has a chance to turn around the FMS symptoms, it is easy to see that it has all been worth it.

Love, Mikie
  8. RockiAZ

RockiAZ New Member

I don't mean to intrude, but I found the Guai topic intersting, as well as your profiles (mine is not as detailed with all my symptoms though, maybe I'll do that another time). I started to look on-line to see what Guai was all about as I've never heard of it before. However, since joining this community I find that there is a wealth of knowledge shared, so decided I would check with you all first to see what it's all about. I would be greatful if you could steer me in the right direction.

Due to my extreme sensitivities do western meds, chemicals,...... etc., I go the natural route as much as possible. Would the Guai protocal be something I would be able to do?

Thank you all kindly, and may you have a restful evening.

Live, Laugh, Love,
    Rocki
  9. bigmh

bigmh New Member

Hi Rocki and welcome! You are not intruding at all. Our little Guai Gals group is small, but we are all fighters as it sounds like you are..."Rocki" is a great nickname! We would love to have you join us.

As you may know we are following the protocol of Dr. Paul St. Amand and his book, What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Fibromyalgia. He has a new revised version (2005) which is better than the old one, I think.

We have Mikie, Jude, and some other wonderful mentors here to guide us and support us. This is such a wonderful use of the internet...I would have never imagined that I would be in a support group with people from all over the US and the world!

We have all just begun the protocol (March 9 for me), and it is a long-term process, so it is not too late to join us. Please let me know if I can answer any questions (even though I have a lot to learn!). My parents live in Sedona, AZ, and we were just down in Phoenix in January...we enjoyed your wonderful winter weather!

Oh...about your use of natural products...on the guai protocol we cannot use anything on our skin that is from plants...extracts, oils, etc. And there are some supplements that contain plant items that we cannot use. The book explains it very well, and also has a support group where you can sign up for daily e-mail updates.

I look forward to getting to know you. Thanks for writing. Blessings, An
  10. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Ann thanks for answering Rocki. You did a great job. Maybe she'll join us. Sorry you're still achy too.

Mikie I'm so pleased you are doing well, yes let's pray that it keeps up.It's a good time to be better than you've been in the past. It's sure a battle.

Brenda take care you've been through alot. I'd start the Guai later too if I were you.

Well ladies I'm very achy, sore and sure hope I'm reversing. I'm going to start to ProHealth LA Guai tommorrow morning 600 x 2 for a month. I'm going to eat something now. I'm still kicking around the UG diet man I think that is a hard, hard diet to follow!lol (I love my sugar) I guess it's all about how good do I realy want to feel, the best I can or somewhere inbetween.
    I'm trying to get my only brother to start this Protocol but well time will tell. He has CF/FM and is very ill.

Have a peaceful evening everyone.
    Dee50
  11. bigmh

bigmh New Member

Hi Dee...sorry that you are achy, but hopefully you are reversing...it makes the aches a little easier, huh? I've had a few hours again of feeling a bit better. I went to town (1/2 hour away), purchased some perennials, gardening gloves, a new hoe (I love it!) and some sal-free stuff at Walgreens. I enjoyed getting out as I've been pretty much house-bound lately. It was a treat! I hope tomorrow is a better day for you, Dee...talk to you all tomorrow. GO GUAI LADIES!! Ann
  12. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

What is a Guai Lady?
  13. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

A group of women here who are on the Dr. St. Amand Guaifenesin Protocol. You can learn more about it by going to the Guaidoc website or reading the book mentioned here.

The Guai Protocol is a long-term treatment which requires patience and commitment but it is about the only treatment which offers the possibility of reversing the symptoms of FMS.

Well, Ladies (do we have any men on the Guai?) I'm up early and ready to go. I've overdone it and think I'll take up easier tasks today. Between my allergies right now and paint fumes from a little project yesterday, I need to slow down.

For many, these early weeks on the Guai are a time of feeling achy and tweaking the dose or trying a different type of Guai. Good luck to everyone. Soon, it will all fall into place and then y'all can sit back and just let the Guai work.

Have a great day! BTW, a friend gave me a framed version of this by Ralph Waldo Emerson: "Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense." I keep this on the wall next to the door in my little office so I see it every day.

Love, Mikie
  14. RockiAZ

RockiAZ New Member

Ann & Dee, thank you very much for the info, you too Mikie! If I missed anyone, thank you too! I will definitly check out the site. This protocal sounds very interesting and maybe what I'm looking for - ?.

I have recently "takin' charge" of my own health as I need to do something to get my life back as I feel it was not happening with doctors.

I'm meeting my son Jason for lunch today and so looking forward to the outing. Maybe I'll be able to pick up the book while I'm out.

Oh! Mikie... Love the inspirational quote. I am going to print that out and put it where I can see it daily. I love inspirational writings and such - they give me "energy", so to speak. I've read a couple of your other posts recently and those alone are inspiring!

Take care - Hope everyone has a well day!

Live, Laugh, Love,
    Rocki

Oh...forgot... Ann, Sedona is my HAPPY PLACE! My hubby and I used to go there a few times a year to relax and regroup. Very tranquill place to be. We haven't been up there much, but hopefully soon. Glad you enjoyed the weather. Have you been here during the middle of summer? Ouchie!
    [This Message was Edited on 03/31/2006]
  15. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Sounds like everyone is doing well:) I figure the first year on Guai will be the toughest. I found a bubble bath I like thats sal-free it's Milk & Honey Foam Bath by Lander essentials I got it at Walgreens for $2.99.

It's good to hear you are up and getting projects done Mikie. Paint fumes are a tough one. Big headache. I'm doing some easyer things today also. My housekeeper was sick so I clean yesterday that always hurts. She has CF had mono 2 years ago. I swear we have a good day and we run around like crazy people playing the caught-up game with ourselfs!lol I guess it's just part of the deal.

Ann you take care and enjoy all your gradening, sounds like so much fun. Did you get some "Gloves in a Bottle" when you where at Walgreens?

I've started using a Thera Cane for deep pressure massage(that I can do myself) and I bought a pair of Bongers. I like them both. The Bongers are easy but the Thera Cane is taking some time to learn how to use. Char at the guai web site talked about them helping her for years. Thought I'd give them a try and I'm glad I did.

Talk somemore later,
    Dee50
    [This Message was Edited on 03/31/2006]
  16. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Inquiring minds want to know :)

Love, Mikie
  17. bigmh

bigmh New Member

Good Morning All Guai Ladies...it is beautiful, sunny and cool here this morning.

Dee...hope some of this nice weather comes your way! Yes I did buy Gloves in a Bottle...good stuff! I have only used it a couple of times and still am going to use gardening gloves. Have you tried it? Please let me know how you like your TheraCane and Bongers...I read Char's post, too, and am interested.

Mikie...sounds like you need a rest from your projects! I LOVE the photo on your profile! Is that your grandson? What a cutie!

Rocki...I think taking charge of your own health is a great idea, and all of us have made that decision, too. Your description of Sedona made me smile...it is so pretty there! And yes, I have experienced your summers...whew..hot! I used to live in Page and Flagstaff many years ago.

I feel like my right hip and quad are in a vise..yikes..I've got the heating pad on high. But I have had 2 days with better hours in each...whooppee!

You all have a GREAT day! Ann
  18. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

This is my favorite picture of him.

Love, Mikie
  19. bigmh

bigmh New Member

I hear that grandhildren are a lot of fun, and he surely looks that way! Thanks for responding, Mikie...his picture made me smile.

Ann
  20. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

I got my bonger and Therma cane at The Comfort Store. Mikie if you go to their site it have a picture of a bonger. It's got a wooden handle and a flexable metal strip coming out of the wooden handle (its about 9" long) with a tennis ball size blue rubber ball on the other end of the metal piece. And you bong yourself with it, like playing a drum with it and your body is the drum. I like to bong to music. It's a lot of fun and it feels great. Now you can all get a good laugh out of it BUT it makes my pain much less.

Ann yes I use gloves in a bottle I like it. NO SALS on the hands!lol

Mikie Wow thats a great picture of Andy I know you miss him:)

It's still raining here.
    Later all,
    Dee50
    [This Message was Edited on 04/02/2006]