Good news about my son!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by alaska3355, Feb 24, 2006.

1. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

He's finally putting some of his weight back on! He had lost 27 lbs. due to CFIDS and I see now he's put about 9 lbs. back on. He looks better at this weight- his clothes aren't just hanging on him. I attribute it to pancakes...ha! I make a large batch of very healthy pancakes (whole wheat, soy, flax seed, a bit of honey) and he's happy to eat them every day. With maple syrup, of course! We buy the real stuff. After he's had his pancakes, the brain fog disappears and he's ready for school. He's actually starting to be more motivated too! Just thought I'd share.... Terri
  2. proteinlady

proteinlady New Member

So happy for you guys. Would you be willing to share your pancake recipe, please?

Paula
  3. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I'm so glad he's making an improvement, it must be such a relief to you both.

Your pancakes sound scrumptious, I'm licking my lips at the thought.

love
    Rosie
  4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

This is such good news. God Bless. Anne C
  5. angeljoe

angeljoe New Member

Terri, I'm so glad your son is doing better. I pray he continues to strive & gets healthier by the day.
    Hugs,
    Angela
  6. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Here is my pancake "recipe"- (it's different every time I make them!) It's a big batch...but you can heat them up in the microwave..
    3 c. whole wheat flour
    1 c. soy milk powder (or nonfat dry milk)
    3 T. ground flax seed
    1 1/2 T. baking powder
    1/2 t. sea salt
    1/2 c. oat bran (opt.)
    2 T. honey (or more)
    1 T. safflower oil
    3 eggs
    3-4 c. water, milk or fruit juice
    Stir everything together with a fork...not too smooth, though. You want some lumps in it. Then fry them up!
  7. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Thanks for asking about my foot. I've had two surgeries now and finally the doc took the pin out of my hammertoe...it's sensitive, but I'm allowed to drive again! Yippee! I hadn't driven for 10 weeks. Ah, blessed freedom!Take care, love, Terri
  8. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

9. lin-z

lin-z New Member

great to hear good news..especially about one of our precious kids and his great mom!!!
  10. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Thanks for the note...try the pancakes! They are good! Love, Terri