Good news for a change~~We have a new fur kid!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Beadlady, May 27, 2011.

1. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

We found Virgil at animal shelter today, he is a Shepherd Mix, is mostly black, has brown legs and white/grey & brown on his face. The tips of his ears flop over and he doesn't have much of a tail. He weighs 48 pounds and is about 2 feet high, he is pretty skinny. He seems to like to be outside and is ok with being on the long lead in the yard and is good walking on the leash and minds good.

We have played with some toys and he has been up on the couch a few times with hubby. Right now he is laying down on the floor next to me.

He has been neutered, micro-chipped & up to date on his shots. It was 1/2 price day at the shelter so he only was only $ 40.00 and plus $ 8.00 for his license. The shelter gave us a coupon for 5 pounds of free Nutro dog food from a local feed store and a coupon for some stuff at Petco.

After dinner we will go for a walk and meet the neighbors.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers during this hard time of my life.
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Fur kids are a blessing for us. I live in a condo village and two kitties showed up. They are not feral cats; someone threw them out. We think they are brother and sister. The next bldg. adopted them. They stay outside because they are used to it. That bldg. is overgrown with foliage which provides protection and a jungle for the cats to play in. One of the residents paid to have them neutered, with donations from neighbors. I buy cat food all the time and hang bags of it on his door. I take a bag of treats with me when I go to get my mail.

These little kitties seem to have been dropped by God into or neighborhood to entertain us, help us heal, and make us more aware of the blessings animals bring into our lives. They are the sweetest kitties and they play with the wild critters too, a possum and an otter. No aggression, just play. We could all take a lesson from them.

Sending up a little prayer to St. Francis to watch over Virgil.

Love, Mikie
  3. paulac7

paulac7 Member

are the best--especially ones from the animal shelter. It never ceases to amaze me that people spend big $$$$$ for a 'purebred', that more than likely came from a puppy mill...........especially when there are SO many good dogs and cats just waiting for their 'forever' home at the animal shelters. The best dog I ever had came from the local humane society, and probably will get my next one from there also...

<ok done ranting now--just one of my pet peeves>

Virgil sounds delightful, Beadlady--Shepherds are good dogs, and he sounds like he is going to fit right into your life! Glad you finally found another 'fur kid'--I had to put one of my dogs down 3 weeks ago, but I still have 2 other dogs and an elderly Siamese cat to brighten my life.

Paula >^.^<
  4. Jittle

Jittle Member

Great news on Virgil. He sounds really cute.

I just got home from puppy sitting for my sister. She called and said the dogs miss their auntie Jittle already and are sad and laying around.

Best wishes
  5. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

Love his name! What a lucky dog to have found you and your family.

I am a die hard pet lover. My pup Ivy just had her first bday and I just love her to pieces. She's a Brittany, a breed I've known and loved since I was a baby myself.

I've had lots of adopted mutts over the yrs too, cats and dogs alike...they are all gifts no matter where they come from!
  6. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

He sounds like a sweetie - am happy for you!