Good news for a change~~We have a new fur kid!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Beadlady, May 27, 2011.

1. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

We found Virgil at animal shelter today, he is a Shepherd Mix, is mostly black, has brown legs and white/grey & brown on his face. The tips of his ears flop over and he doesn't have much of a tail. He weighs 48 pounds and is about 2 feet high, he is pretty skinny. He seems to like to be outside and is ok with being on the long lead in the yard and is good walking on the leash and minds good.

We have played with some toys and he has been up on the couch a few times with hubby. Right now he is laying down on the floor next to me.

He has been neutered, micro-chipped & up to date on his shots. It was 1/2 price day at the shelter so he only was only $ 40.00 and plus $ 8.00 for his license. The shelter gave us a coupon for 5 pounds of free Nutro dog food from a local feed store and a coupon for some stuff at Petco.

After dinner we will go for a walk and meet the neighbors.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers during this hard time of my life.[This Message was Edited on 05/27/2011]
  2. springwater

springwater Active Member

so happy for you!

he sounds like a sweetie and what a lovely name. Thanks for letting us know.

God bless
  3. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

Congrats on the newest member of your family! He sounds wonderful..and I love the idea of rescuing a pet from a shelter. May he bring you much joy!!

Laura
  4. BILLCAMO

BILLCAMO New Member

last night & knew He would help !!!!

Blessings ,

b/c
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

So happy for you and for Virgil. I posted on the FMS Board but just wanted to reiterate my happiness for you.

Love, Mikie
  6. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

He sounds so sweet. Also sounds like you got a good deal and I know he will be a lot of fun for you all. I kept forgetting to send my best wishes !! Have fun with him. I am sure he will enjoy you all too.

Enjoy each other !

Hugz,
    Granni