Good news for me and perhaps others!

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by sarah, Jul 14, 2002.

1. sarah

sarah New Member

Have found a really good website for environmental illness and multiple chemical sensitivity which will hopefully help me with my problems. Also it would hopefully help many others like me, including the many, many people who have these illnesses, and don't realise that they do. Many CFS sufferers suffer with these problems also,
    and don't realise it either, I feel. Having a hard time today
    despite the good news.
    I am continuing to pray for you and God bless everyone.
    Sarah.
  2. Julygal

Julygal New Member

Sarah, I can empathize so well! I'm having worse pains recently than ever before & it's difficult to stay "up" & not think "maybe you don't love me anymore, God." Now, I've been a Christian for MANY years & I KNOW better, but this body has just about had it! My husband & I pray & read the Bible together & I thank God for blessing me in so many countless ways. There again...I'm discouraged & frustrated, & impatient for an answer.
    I don't see a rheumatologist until Sept. I'm changing doctors because I'm getting worse instead of better. I was diagnosed in '99 with FMS,MPS,CFS & Osteoarthritis. I'm not even able to volunteer at the Personal Care Home like I was doing for the last couple of years, & that REALLY kills me.
    I play the piano there.
    I've been on Mobic once a day, 1/2 a Lortab 4 x daily, & Soma 3 x daily, but nothing that's worked before is working now. Any suggestions? Don't mean to bring you down more, but pray that we can help each other. I KNOW we can pray for each other & that means so much! Thanks for hearing me out.
    Love & prayers,
    Carolyn
  3. sarah

sarah New Member

Thanks for your reply - I will reply more fully later as it's too difficult to do it just at the moment. 'See' you later!
    love Sarah
  4. sarah

sarah New Member

Hi,
    It's easier to write now. Sorry you haven't been getting much from your treatment. I can't tolerate much orthodox medicine actually so I can't really advise about this area, but I'm sure there are lots of people here and on the CFS board who would be able to help with this. I've always had natural medicine, so if you were interested in that, perhaps I could help. I also find prayers help lots of my symptoms. Yes it must be annoying to have to leave your job. I have also played the piano voluntarily! What sort of music do you play? I'm not playing much at the moment but hope to get back to it in the near future. I will pray for you and thank you for praying for me also.
    love Sarah.
  5. Julygal

Julygal New Member

I thank God, literally!, that today has been better. I desperately needed a break in the pain. Prayer DOES help the most. I'm not out of pain...don't remember last time that happened,anyway!Ha!...but am thankful for relief!Don't know how anyone makes it through life without Our Lord.
    I pray you are better today, too, Sarah. We never know what tomorrow will bring & I'm thankful we don't know. God's grace is sufficient for each day. I found that out the last 3 days & especially yesterday.
    To answer your question, I play mostly sacred music, & have worked up a booklet of 75 songs for the residents at the Home. I'm so close to all of them, & my husband & I prayed tonight that God would give me the strength to get back to my volunteering.
    And one thing more, have you ever used Malic Acid for pain relief? A friend of mine in Texas has had FMS for years & said it helps her more than anything. I just started taking it today. I pray it will be beneficial.
    Prayers continuing,
    Carolyn
    [This Message was Edited on 07/15/2002]
  6. sarah

sarah New Member

Yes, I think I have heard of malic acid helping lots of people. I tried it myself for a short while but I have extreme sensitivities to lots of supplements, medications and didn't manage to take it for very long. I think that may be partly to do with an old head injury which complicates things a bit. Perhaps without that I might be able to take more supplements, so I don't want to put you off something that sounds good. Yes, I'd try it, and I hope it helps. You'll continue to find things that help here. I suppose the remedies that I have been able to take for the longest are flower remedies, although I know they are very gentle and more suited to some situations than others. Don't give up hope of playing the piano for your friends again. You will get there with prayers.
    love Sarah.