good news for smokers

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 69mach1, Sep 7, 2005.

1. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i to am gulity of smoking, mine was a stupid of way picking it up when i was about 34 years old. I quite months at a time then back up again. i want to try it again. winters coming and colds/virus and i have no spleen. and other immune problems.

well the good news is there is a pnohter pill coming out i believe spring 2006 called accomplia, it has helped alcoholics, gamblers, and us smokers. it was orignally developed for alcoholics, then then found out that it has helped for that.

even better news, accomplia has been found to show that when taken people lose approximatley 10% of there bodyweight!

finally a few months ago they have found that nicotine helps somehow after someone has had a heart attack. not my inhaling on smokes of any type.

i've been following the accomplia because it sounds great for a lot of people, and for the smoker's who are afraid of gaining weight after quitting. so we should all try try again. my goal is tomarrow i have one cig left and then it will be the patch for about a 1 week or 2 at the most.

good luck everyone.

jodie
  2. Rose_Red

Rose_Red New Member

and I thought you were going to tell us we could smoke in public places again. PHOOEY!!!!!!!!!

I started at 12 and Wellbutrin seems to be helping more than anything else. If there's one for smoking and pounds - keep us posted!
  3. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

I've quit so many times and not made it. I just switched to a natural smoke @$14.oo a cartoon maked and grown by Indian Tribes. No additives and a cotton filter. It's got to be better than commercial smokes and 1/2 the price. I know that commerical smokes have about 30 or more additives in them.
    Dee50
  4. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Jodie:
    I had always been a heavy smoker, but stopped when I got my FM/CFS diagnosis. I kept suffering from sinus infections.
    I tried everyting to stop, but eventually just went cold turkey.
    Like you, I did the patch and even tried the natural herb cigarette they have out.
    Loads of good luck in your endeavor. It is not as easy as people think.
    hugs,
    NyroFan
  5. gramaT

gramaT New Member

My husband quit smoking 5 days ago and has done marvolously.

I pray for him every day and asked God to take away the urges. I guess its working.

I'm so happy. He was heading for emphysema like his parents had and died of.

Blessings
    Carolyn