Good news from doctor

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by frickly, Jul 20, 2009.

1. frickly

frickly New Member

Some of you have read that I have gone down hill dramatically since running out of antibiotics. I saw my doctor today and she said that this is just a sign that the antibiotics are working. I asked if I will ever get rid of this mycoplasmal bacteria and she said that 80% do. She also feels that I could have chronic mono and is doing another blood test. She said we may start antivirals depending on the results. I am to continue the glutithione/ATP injections until my ATP is where it needs to be and continue antibiotics until bacteria is gone.

I asked if this is an autoimmune disease and she said "yes, but it is reversable.

The best news is that she feels that I will be one of the people that are able to make a full recovery.

I also asked what are the most important supplements to take in order to get body to start producing own glutithione and she said, multi vitamin, NAC, Co Enzyme Q10, Selenium and zink. She also mentioned that transfer factors could be beneficial. :)

2. chrissy12

chrissy12 New Member

This is great news!!! Your doctor sounds wonderful... Can you tell me what part of the country your doctor lives. I have a severe mycoplasma issue and have been on antibiotics for about 2 years. My numbers are still very, very high.

I am also on anti-virals. How did she test for the ATP? How often do you get the shots and would you mind telling me approx. cost? I have a doctor I believe would give them, but I am not sure what he would charge me. Do you feel they have helped you?

I am really happy for you.. Just hearing news like this would make me happy...
  3. frickly

frickly New Member

My doctor is Dr. Patricia Salvato in Houston. She does a blood test for cyclic AMP.

"Cyclic adenosine monophosphate (cAMP, cyclic AMP or 3'-5'-cyclic adenosine monophosphate) is a second messenger that is important in many biological processes. cAMP is derived from adenosine triphosphate (ATP) and used for intracellular signal transduction in many different organisms, conveying the cAMP dependent pathway."

My husband gives me the injections once per week and it costs $10.00 per injection, very reasonable. She uses a combination of glutithione and ATP. I do not know if glutithione alone would have had the benefits that the combination has. She is the only doctor I know of that gives the combination. They have helped me tremendously. I used to have to sit in my chair all day long and take a nap everyday so I could help my kids with their homework. The glutithione helped my muscle weakness and the antibiotics helped with the pain and inflammation. Dr. Salvato says that symptoms of a mycoplasmal infection can mimic those of MS and rheumatoid arthritis. My injections started working after my sixth week but is different for each person, so I hear. Do you think the antivirals helped you? Before I started treatment and since I ran out of antibiotics, I have been getting fevers. This is part of what makes me think this is viral. I will know more when I get my test results in a couple of weeks.

Your doc can google Dr. Salvato if he/she wants to learn more about how she is treating her patients.

Take care,
  4. chrissy12

chrissy12 New Member

I appreciate the information. I will talk to my doctor about this. I see an alternative doctor in town who would possibly do this.

I see Dr. Lerner as my main doctor. He is treating me for HHV6, CMV, EBV and mycoplasma pneumoniae. I did have a fever for almost 3 years. I have been on anti-virals for about 16 months and antibiotics for 2 years. I do think the anti-virals have helped. I went from a 2 on his scale to a 4. I seem to be stuck at a 4 right now. I had to live in MI for 6 weeks and do IV's antibiotic. Interestingly, my fever went down when I returned home. For that I am very grateful.

I think I will google Dr. Salvato and read about her treatment. It sounds like she is using a variety of methods... This is great for you... I wish you lots of luck..