GOOD NEWS, I THINK!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Cromwell, Feb 24, 2006.

1. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

hEY, MY NICE pa just called me and told me following:

The blood work looked good except the high ANA (again) and showing a UTI or kidney infection. All else greta, even sed rate, so no clotting problem.

The dilated ascending aorta. The heart doctor said that it ws really really mild and even could be a normal varient for my height but she felt it was connective tissue disorder just about starting to affect my heart and we can address it easily. No real threat of heart disease. Wow! Relief!!!

This did make me wonder if all of us with this DD, that the inflamation affects our hearts.

I feel a lot better, and hope this all continues on an upward trend. Do wish heart doc had not said anything if it was not something that was concerning her. Would have saved a lot of worrying.

Love Anne C
  2. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

What a relief for you. Do something special for yourself to celebrate.

Sofi
  3. proteinlady

proteinlady New Member

So glad you're OK. What a relief to know it's not serious and manageable.

Paula
  4. sarahann61

sarahann61 New Member

I hope that you do not have Lupus.........
    I know the urinary tact infection, can make you very miserable, and I hope you get under control, very soon.. Did, he give you an antibiotic ???

5. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

It's always great to see good news on the board. We have so much of the other kind.
  6. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

You know I have tested positive for Lupus twice and negative twice.

I wanted to let people here know about CREST syndrome. My brother had it, and I think this may be my problem. Symptoms are GERD, FM(or ME) trouble swallowing, mild heart problems, skin issues. It is a very mild scerloderma(sp).
    Often mistakes for Lupus, RA and Lyme.

I am doing Ok, will feel better once I see Rheumy and get actual sizes on the aorta.

Love Anne C

We are supposed to be having a storm later here today, so I plan to snuggle in.
  7. JLH

JLH New Member

Glad to hear you got good news.

With your ANA being high again, will they now think you have lupus?

I have had systemic lupus since a child, but not officially diagnosed until about 10-15 years ago.

Glad you feel better now.

Big hugs,
    Janet